To bad it won't have as big of an impact.

6305661689_3834d96386_b.jpg

Crane for Delta is on site in pieces ready to be put up by the big truck crane also on site.

Crane for Delta is on site in pieces ready to be put up by the big truck crane also on site.

Crane Crazy down there:cool:....Union Station Shed, Canada Aquarium, Canada Square, Ice-1/Ice-2,
Infinity-3/ Infinity-4, Bremner Tower/Delta Hotel. Whats next.

Crane Crazy down there:cool:....Union Station Shed, Canada Aquarium, Canada Square, Ice-1/Ice-2,
Infinity-3/ Infinity-4, Bremner Tower/Delta Hotel. Whats next.
Waterpark III will be next to add a crane in that neck of the woods, I think, but there's a full dig to happen first.

To bad it won't have as big of an impact.

Well it will actually be at least as prominent, at 160 meters and its far closer to the lake than the Ritz. - And if, as we all suspect the cladding on the Delta is actually superior to the cladding on the Ritz, it should shine on the city skyline.

What's crazy is the amount of office space that has been built here in the last few years. By my accounts there is over 4 million square feet of office built and or under construction in south-core. To put that in perspective - Winnipeg has 10 million in their downtown.

Telus - 780,000 square feet
Southcore 1 - 650,000 square feet
Southcore 2 - 700,000
MLSE - 230,000
Waterpark III - 930,000
ACC Tower - 140,000

If 90 Harbour, ICE (office component) and 45 Bay are built - there will be a fairly sizable office hub "south of the core"

If 90 Harbour, ICE (office component) and 45 Bay are built - there will be a fairly sizable office hub "south of the core"

Maybe even the 1 Yonge st. split might have some proposed office space...potential 8 million square ft.
Who would have thought those amounts for the area 10 years ago.

What's crazy is the amount of office space that has been built here in the last few years. By my accounts there is over 4 million square feet of office built and or under construction in south-core. To put that in perspective - Winnipeg has 10 million in their downtown.

Telus - 780,000 square feet
Southcore 1 - 650,000 square feet
Southcore 2 - 700,000
MLSE - 230,000
Waterpark III - 930,000
ACC Tower - 140,000

You forgot Waterpark I and II, both sizeable buildings.

If you expand the boundaries a little there's quite a bit of existing office space on the waterfront:

Corus Quay - 460,000 square feet
Queen's Quay Terminal - 400,000 square feet
1 Yonge - 650,000 square feet

The 4 million stat includes WaterPark Place I+II.

If you include Water Park Place I+II it is 4.2 million square feet. Excluding them it is just about 3.3 million NEW square feet built in the last decade. :)

The total Water Park Place Complex will be 1.7 million square feet including the new 930,000 Phase III.

And yah... the big additions will be 45 Bay and if anything happens at 1 Yonge... I figure you could see something like:
Ice: 700,000
90 Harbour: 700,000
45 Bay: 1.5 million

There SHOULD easily be about 7-8 million square feet of office in the district... after complete build out.

that is one, tall, skinny, crane!!! looks like it could just fall over!.. the nicole ritchie of cranes (minus the height)

Back