vHpX6hU.jpg

P8kyBBU.jpg

WBt9UI8.jpg

bTuhLZ5.jpg

Up in the delta hotel right now and I can see in the incomplete tower next door and that it has red exit signs installed. Aren't old new buildings supposed to use the green running man signs?

edit: the delta is using all red exit signs as well

Last edited:
I think the bridge looks good but looking at the second to last picture, why is the floor wavy?

It's probably because of accessibility requirements. Instead of having a consistent slope the whole way, you have to have flat landings every so many metres to give people a rest. Wheelchair ramps are designed the same way. I imagine that wheeling yourself up a hill that long without a break would be murder on your arms.

Is the PATH connection permanently open yet? It looked close in the pictures back a couple pages.

I am staying here in Mid January for a conference at the MTCC.

It has been closed so that the artwork can be applied inside. It shouldn't take too much longer to be completed.

Happy New Year!!! Looking forward to the rising of 10 York this 2015 :)

IMG_2186.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2186.JPG
    IMG_2186.JPG
    584.4 KB · Views: 1,782
Up in the delta hotel right now and I can see in the incomplete tower next door and that it has red exit signs installed. Aren't old new buildings supposed to use the green running man signs?

edit: the delta is using all red exit signs as well

I was wondering the same thing while browsing the latest pictures in the Ice thread. It was my understanding that red exit signs could only be used to replace existing red exit signs now days, and that new construction and large renovation projects required the new green running man standard.

I was wondering the same thing while browsing the latest pictures in the Ice thread. It was my understanding that red exit signs could only be used to replace existing red exit signs now days, and that new construction and large renovation projects required the new green running man standard.

Typically building attributes must comply with the building code in place at the time the building permit was either applied for (which I suspect to be the case) or was in effect at the time the permit was issued. So, all depends on when the new sign standard became part of the in-effect building code relative to the permit application and issuance for the building. Unless of course the new signage was in fact required, and the old signs were actually installed by mistake.

I am torn about south core. The Delta looks great and its great to have seen that area transformed into a functional space - but it looks like any-town mid-sized city America to be totally frank.

Back