I would think all bus routes going in would probably have to be approved by york university and it may make more sense for them to want to allow the TTC to have them come in do to the students that come from parts oe Toronto.

I am assuming there is a high demand of students from York and Brampton going to York U as both run buses there too.

Also Pioneer village station is almost on campus and if they didn't want to take the subay they could practically walk to the campus from there.

That seems to be an argument against TTC buses and for other buses......TTC running buses to subway stations off campus would allow their students riders to get to campus or PV station on a single fare.....but York Region and BRT and GO doing that means their student rider customers have to pay an extra fare.

Anyway....clearly we disagree...so it will be.

I fully understand why the TTC might want to ....but it was the school who (I thought) had said they wanted all buses off campus.....and would GO/YRT/BRT not have equally reasonable reasons for wanting their buses on campus...ie. helping their riders avoid another fare?

It was the school which is why there is no crossover at York U station. They wanted to prevent the station being used for turnbacks which would lead to the university being innundated with shuttle buses.

I am assuming there is a high demand of students from York and Brampton going to York U as both run buses there too.

That seems to be an argument against TTC buses and for other buses......TTC running buses to subway stations off campus would allow their students riders to get to campus or PV station on a single fare.....but York Region and BRT and GO doing that means their student rider customers have to pay an extra fare.

Anyway....clearly we disagree...so it will be.

Yup and we will probably find out what happens once the whole things opens and is up and running.

Not sure why there needs to be a 41A and a 41B anymore. Pick one routing.
Some people might want to head directly to Steeles/Keele not York U. I expect one of the branches won't operate at all times.

do TTC buses take up less space than GO/YRT/BRT buses ;)

I too thought wanted "all" buses off campuses and a bit surprised that the only ones left on campus are the only ones who's riders could transfer to the subway at no additional cost. Strange that.
There is still local demand around York U. TTC buses can serve the locals but not GO/YRT. Not everyone can walk 15-20 min across campus to get the station. Students won't have to pay more with TYSSE. All the students and York Region will revolt.

There is still local demand around York U. TTC buses can serve the locals but not GO/YRT. Not everyone can walk 15-20 min across campus to get the station. Students won't have to pay more with TYSSE. All the students and York Region will revolt.

New to this thread but this begs the question. Let's say for example someone jumps at Pioneer Village and shuttles need to be run. Will they bypass York U all together or will they force people to walk across campus?

do TTC buses take up less space than GO/YRT/BRT buses ;)

Well, kinda. TTC buses don't park for 20 minutes waiting for the next run. So, in the time dimension, TTC buses take up less space.

I too thought wanted "all" buses off campuses

They will get all buses out of that York Blvd loop where the 196 and other high frequency routes stop today.

Downsview Park Station:

PA1OCsw.jpg

mKwvGvM.jpg

tyrsZPp.jpg

eRxE4El.jpg

DXtEIQw.jpg

Px3BV3n.jpg

Crazy to think how many more towers are going to be in that image by 2020. 3 right now, and 10+ by 2020. 4 Condos launched there in 2016 alone, with a lot more lined up for 2017. Now that the subway is finally ready to open the real estate market is going full steam ahead.

At the same time, it is sort of odd to think that the only residential space in that image is the two Expo City towers.

Didn't think of this. Vaughan's fire fighters will need to be trained on how to operate in subway tunnels. Original tweet here.

CyHWNpEXcAAPQLc.jpg

Vaughan Fire ‏@VaughanFire Nov 25
"Specialized training for subway emergency response. Training firefighters for the wide variety of hazards that accompanies tunnel incidents."
Not just firefights. EMS and YRP would need training too. They are new to this kinda stuff. They would be in charge of any emergency north of Steeles.

This is going to be interesting for the subway headquarters at Hillcrest. They will have another set of contacts and different emergency crews to work with. I twill be interesting to see how long will they take to perform police investigations and handle medical emergencies in Vaughan.

I wonder what will happen with shuttle buses. It'll take much longer to get shuttle buses up there since they won't have any local buses routes to pull from.

Back