I suppose the reason is because there's no buses connecting to it.
Correctly if I'm wrong but this is a detail of the bus route changes not the system map?

There have never been any bus routes connecting to it. On the previous page you can see the current map and the post-TYSSE map, the current one has York U GO and the new one does not, and neither has any connecting buses.

Also interesting that the York U GO station is officially off the map. Metrolinx has not confirmed that publicly yet.
Ttc confirming things for other transit agencies......dont think BT have "officially" stated they will be splitting their Zum service between two stations (Shontron would likely know better than me)....but this map would seem to confirm this awful decision.

The openness is really amazing. It is definetly too much, but as I mentioned before, with transfers from the Barrie RER line we might see alot more use than we are expecting.

1. Too early to tell about the "too much".

2. What we see depends on the NETWORK we build. We can route things stupidly and MAKE it fail. Or we can integrate fares and route things INTELLIGENTLY. Our management of the situation will determine the outcome. There is no such thing as "fate". Each day we wake up, and how the day shapes up is in our hands.

Finally, this is the first TTC <-> GO connection that is not built in an asinine fashion which is not at UNION. Main/Danforth - brutal. (Just hike up about 8 minutes in that winter wind, dear.) Kiping - meh. Oriole - what? This is the very first time on any GO (train) route that you can make a meaningful transfer to something other than a bus before you hit Union Station. I know people who re-trace their steps everyday twice because of this shit.

What a breath of fresh air! Intersecting lines from two Metro Toronto agencies in one easy to use configuration! Not the last.

We're not in Kansas any more, Dorothy.

Last edited:
Downsview Park GO is also great because the Barrie line previously had no stop in Toronto with connecting transit prior to Union. The York U GO stop is in the middle of nowhere, and a bad neighbourhood, a fairly long walk just to get to a bus route with a long trip to the subway. If you lived on the Barrie Line and wanted to get to the north end of the city, it made much more sense to drive than take the train all the way down to Union and take an hour-long trip back north. But now, Downsview Park opens, and there's a direct, roughly one minute walk inside the station to the subway platform--anyone who wants to go to the VMC area, Yorkdale, anywhere along St Clair via the 512, and I'd argue any students at U of T St George or anyone needing to go to Yonge/Bloor or anywhere on Line 2 will all benefit from exiting at Downsview Park and boarding a non-crowded subway there, rather than going all the way to Union and backtracking up on a busier subway.

Edit: played with some transit directions on Google Maps. York U-Union is 22 minutes by GO, so Downsview Park will probably be 20 minutes. As an example, the subway trip to St George is 19 minutes from Downsview, so probably no more than 22 minutes from Downsview Park, and we can round that up to 25 minutes factoring in wait time for a train. Arguably it would take you at least 5 minutes to get off GO at Union and walk over to the TTC station and get down to platform level, so that makes it 25 minutes from Downsview Park GO-Union TTC. The subway trip from Union to St George is listed as 8 minutes. So, anyone going to St George would likely save nearly 10 minutes each way by transferring at Downsview Park rather than Union--that really adds up in the course of a year.

Last edited:
I believe they have long ago. One in. Downsview Park. One out. York U. It may even be in the EA.
I was unable to find proof of that, and if you could find it, I'll more than appreciate it.
Besides, an EA is no more than a recommendation.

Guessing the 106 York University and 107 Keele North are "local" bus routes paralleling the Line 1 extension.

I wonder why the TTC wouldn't just cancel the 107 bus. It doesn't really seem needed anymore with YRT taking over the service north of Steeles.

Line 1 Subway Extension Bus Changes
Proposed Bus Network Adjustments
The new Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension (TYSSE) will require changes to some parts of the bus network. The bus network will change to promote new connections and improve subway access for customers.

Now:
exist_big.png

December 2017:
prop_big.png

I can't even believe they are maintaining the 101, or at least starting it from Downsview Park. I can understand not re-routing the 107, 108 and 117 because of the way the road network is configured, but the 101 seems like the painfully obvious one!

I can't even believe they are maintaining the 101, or at least starting it from Downsview Park. I can understand not re-routing the 107, 108 and 117 because of the way the road network is configured, but the 101 seems like the painfully obvious one!
You mean having the 101 bus turn into the drop off area at Downsview Park Station (or a stop on Sheppard Ave next to station)? I can see the benefit of this, but it seams this route can disappear altogether since Downsview Park Station is so close to Downsview Park.

You mean having the 101 bus turn into the drop off area at Downsview Park Station (or a stop on Sheppard Ave next to station)? I can see the benefit of this, but it seams this route can disappear altogether since Downsview Park Station is so close to Downsview Park.

I'm talking about the buses using the road access off of Carl Hall Rd. For sure, it's debateable having it all. If there's talk about reconfiguring the route, we could get into going bigger in scope and looking at where else it could serve instead of being a stubby shuttle thing.

LwpnnAA.png

Rerouting the 101 under your proposal would isolate it from the connecting buses available at Downsview station, which I suspect is the reason why the TTC prefers to maintain the current route. In the long run, I would say the best solution is to expand the road network and reroute the 101 onto the new roads which are slated for residential development.

MasterPlanMap_2012_EN copy.png

Attachments

• MasterPlanMap_2012_EN copy.png
    MasterPlanMap_2012_EN copy.png
    915.8 KB · Views: 714
Rerouting the 101 under your proposal would isolate it from the connecting buses available at Downsview station, which I suspect is the reason why the TTC prefers to maintain the current route. In the long run, I would say the best solution is to expand the road network and reroute the 101 onto the new roads which are slated for residential development.

View attachment 97427

I'd like it closer to the entrances of Downsview Park station, but given what we got, I like your idea!

Back