I can't help but wonder what is the point of having these black posts with speakers mounted at the top (specifically the ones with no signage attached) at Pioneer Village station. IMO, they are absolutely hideous, and seem to be completely redundant considering the multitude of speakers mounted to the walls.
With the incessant delays the TTC has, the more speakers the better especially when 3/4 of the speakers are muffled.

[m
I can't help but wonder what is the point of having these black posts with speakers mounted at the top (specifically the ones with no signage attached) at Pioneer Village station. IMO, they are absolutely hideous, and seem to be completely redundant considering the multitude of speakers mounted to the walls.

A31-1 1707024-8092
by TTC TYSSE, on Flickr

What area of the station is this?

Yes, I understand how illegal it would be.

It's not particularly illegal.

It would be breach of contract. Metrolinx would owe TTC the difference between what was collected and forwarded to them and likely damages on top of that. The agreement in place has numerous reporting requirements including a full breakdown of all taps and how the system interpreted those taps.

One assumes TTC accounting adds everything up to determine what revenue they should be receiving and comparing against what was actually received. We know TTC actively compares actual revenue against various ridership counts to look for things like fare fraud.

According to blogTO, at this link:

The TTC will soon run ghost service on its new subway line.

The way this system will work is simple. For subway riders, Sheppard West will continue to be the end of the line, but after they've departed, the trains will continue to operate through the rest of the line up to Vaughan Metropolitan Centre as though they were still occupied.

TTC spokesperson Stuart Green says this allows the drivers, signal operators, and other staff to be trained in bringing the train through the six new stations, stopping at each, and returning back down the rest of the line.
Ghost service will begin on November 26. These trials will continue until the new extension officially opens to the public on December 17.

Do the ghosts have to pay a fare or not? Sounds like a gravey train to me.
The concrete won't pay for themselves!
18812594_1218970491558514_1743137392186884096_n.jpg

I wonder what would happen if someone stayed on one of the Ghost trains or will they sweep the trains like they do when they do turn backs before they move out of Shepard West Sation.

I wonder what would happen if someone stayed on one of the Ghost trains or will they sweep the trains like they do when they do turn backs before they move out of Shepard West Sation.

Cleaning crews do clean the trains as they arrive at Sheppard West formerly Downsview Station, so you’d probably be spotted then.

Thanks to @drum118 for posting in the TTC other items thread--TTC users are getting a $1.50 GO co-fare: https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/tr...sit-users-to-get-half-price-fares-on-ttc.html

I guess that answers the question of GO Train transfers at Downsview Park and GO Bus transfers at 407 West. I can very well see $1.50 being considered an acceptable co-fare, so they probably won't bother with doing the free rides to/from York U for GO riders at those two stations.

Now let’s just hope that the TTC and YRT/Viva (and other 905) gets free transfers. Of course, this is probably the next stage of integration (referenced in article) and won’t happen on time for the opening. One can dream at least.

Back