Giving an visitor a tour of the new extension, Finch is going to be hard press to be ready for opening day. Lots of flashing on both building still need to be finish, concrete work missing in a lot of location from what I could see going north on Keele.

The old BRT road is gone connecting to Keele and being used to build a TTC parking lot. Grading was taking Place.

Keele Southbound lane not finish and will be December before traffic can use it.

Work was taking place on the roof of the 407 station.

The BRT station on hwy 7 will not be ready for December opening from my quick drive by.

I know there is a superstore beside Milton GO that has issues with GO commuters parking it it's lot.. it just enforces a strict tow policy. They mark the tires and wait 2 hours, then tow.

Also, the Vaughan wal-mart lot is always shockingly empty. Even if a good chunk of the lot is taken up by rogue parkers, there will still be plenty of space for customers.
This used to be a very busy Walmart. The years of construction has taken its toll on its customer base.

I actually wonder how that Home Outfitters still exists.

My wife's work always has their Christmas party at the hotel across the street. This year they picked a different location because of the construction. So sad since I wanted to take the new subway there

My wife's work always has their Christmas party at the hotel across the street. This year they picked a different location because of the construction. So sad since I wanted to take the new subway there
Is the construction subway related or is it something else?

Is the construction subway related or is it something else?
sorry it was a comment on the walmart use to be busy but since the construction it is no longer busy. I assume many of the businesses suffered the same fate as I tried to imply by mentioning the Christmas party

From Raptor on the Viva Rapidway Construction thread:

Also, official confirmation that the Viva VMC station will open on Dec 17 here
If it wasn't raining when we drove by the station, I would had parked and took a tour of it to get a better look at it.

Very rare I am in that area in the first place.

Its also hard to look at something when driving and dealing with some fool drivers as well.

Have seen a number of official opening dates come and go to the point its 3-12 months later.

Reactions: jys
Helsinki opened its subway extension today and looking at pics of it here it's got me thinking about how I wish the new stations from the TYSSE had platforms that looked half as good as theirs. The outdoor structures of the TYSSE stations are overengineered to say the least and I would've much preferred some of that money was invested in the platforms instead which are all bland imo

Helsinki opened its subway extension today and looking at pics of it here it's got me thinking about how I wish the new stations from the TYSSE had platforms that looked half as good as theirs. The outdoor structures of the TYSSE stations are overengineered to say the least and I would've much preferred some of that money was invested in the platforms instead which are all bland imo
More photos from a few pages back.

Definitely agree- I wish the TTC went with standardized stations that used artwork as the signifying factor in differentiating the stations.

The above ground structures should also have been standardized, rather than the palaces we got.

Definitely agree- I wish the TTC went with standardized stations that used artwork as the signifying factor in differentiating the stations.

The above ground structures should also have been standardized, rather than the palaces we got.

Thought #1.

You'll get to compare the result on your first ride on Line 5. Standard above ground. Perhaps more variety below. Hold that thought about four years.

Thought #2

We'd never build another VMC if it were built as as simply and cheaply as a Quonset Hut. In five years, if all is going well and we're setting ridership records, we can always tile the walls. I'd rather have structure and then modify the aesthetic. If the structure is lacking, you still have nothing more than the structure. My favourite example - the Union train shed. Shouldha' been demolished.

Last edited:
You'll get to compare the result on your first ride on Line 5. Standard above ground. Perhaps more variety below. Hold that thought about four years.
I wouldn't hold your breath hoping for better design on the crosstown line even the underground. The outside parts seem to be a generic glass structure and the inside is mostly concrete.

Thought #1.

Thought #2

We'd never build another VMC if it were built as as simply and cheaply as a Quonset Hut. In five years, if all is going well and we're setting ridership records, we can always tile the walls. I'd rather have structure and then modify the aesthetic. If the structure is lacking, you still have nothing more than the structure. My favourite example - the Union train shed. Shouldha' been demolished.

well there isa point for VMC...but 407 and pioneer village.....not so much...

Here is some unfortunate news on how the TTC planned the map changes, what poor planning:
4B1CA658-DE53-4370-8C24-54E628D4EBB5.jpeg
FC2C81AF-FE9C-4C46-A674-D448D351C734.jpeg

Attachments

• 4B1CA658-DE53-4370-8C24-54E628D4EBB5.jpeg
    4B1CA658-DE53-4370-8C24-54E628D4EBB5.jpeg
    404.7 KB · Views: 336
  • FC2C81AF-FE9C-4C46-A674-D448D351C734.jpeg
    FC2C81AF-FE9C-4C46-A674-D448D351C734.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Views: 261
Here is some unfortunate news on how the TTC planned the map changes, what poor planning:

For an agency, and for the City as a whole, which blows so much hot air about environmental friendliness and fighting climate change, this is a shameful waste of paper, not to mention taxpayer/passenger dollars. I don't know why this sort of thing still surprises me coming from the TTC...they changed these what, less than 6 months ago for Sheppard West? I said then that the Sheppard West name change should have waited until now, and this is one of the reasons I was concerned.

Back