The jane bus also still only runs every 15 minutes in the peak hour and every 20 off peak.. Not exactly high use. I hope to see those numbers improve over time however, especially with the levels of intensification occurring around Vaughan Mills.

I still get St Andrew and St Patrick Stations mixed up,
Ditto. If I stop and think I'm fine, but in my mind, Osgoode is always north of St. Patrick

Came back south lat AM Peak from Finch West and noticed going southbound i'd say 90% of all the seats were already filled. Doesn't really mean much than just my anecdotal experience, but eh at least it wasn't completely empty.
That's a good sign. Haven't been up that way yet ... though boarded a southbound one at St. George after lunch on Tuesday. I swear more people got on at St. George than were already on the train.

My last train north had 12 people on it arriving VMC (yeah, it had to wait for a clear track, so I walked the train length and counted.).

Lots of cranes visible when I came out at VMC, however. The ridership will come.

- Paul

I had a bit more than 12 last Saturday night, but they were all wearing Leaf jerseys/gear (and like two in Canuck jerseys). The CSAs were shouting "We're gonna make the playoffs!" as one group exited the faregates. Only person waiting for the Viva though.

I can't wait for the first restaurants/cafes to open up near the station though. Downtown Markham has decent foot traffic because of them, despite being even more "middle of nowhere" than VMC.

Tuesday at 7:05 pm, well past rush hour:
Untitleda.png

And 7:11:
Untitledx.png

Attachments

• Untitleda.png
    Untitleda.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 309
  • Untitledx.png
    Untitledx.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 301
I had a bit more than 12 last Saturday night, but they were all wearing Leaf jerseys/gear (and like two in Canuck jerseys). The CSAs were shouting "We're gonna make the playoffs!" as one group exited the faregates. Only person waiting for the Viva though.

I can't wait for the first restaurants/cafes to open up near the station though. Downtown Markham has decent foot traffic because of them, despite being even more "middle of nowhere" than VMC.
Is being in the middle of an industrial park not considered in the middle of nowhere? Downtown Markham actually has low rise residential buildings (even though car dependent) and some office space. I'd say when VMC gets to the level of DTM of buildup, the subway and Rapidway (and bus terminal for that matter) will be well used.

I'm guessing VMC based on two trains stopped at the station, typical of terminal stations.

It was VMC.

But no trains waiting a few minutes later though: One was arriving as one left:
Untitledb.jpg

i

Attachments

• Untitledb.jpg
    Untitledb.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
Reactions: BMO
VMC isn't free parking, as the lot is privately operated, from my understanding. The 407 and Pioneer Village lots are free though. I know if I lived in Bradford or Barrie that I would be tempted to go down the 400 and park at the subway instead of the GO train.

I think we can sleep soundly knowing that YorkU station (and Finch West in the coming years with the LRT) will have good, even great, ridership. The 60 bus can probably make PV decent; downtown Vaughan will eventually help VMC; redeveloping Downsview airport will help DP. Eventually I think only 407 will remain a ghost town (and maybe not even this one if 407 GO service increases). I'm actually more optimistic about these stations the last two weeks than I've been since I started following Toronto transit matters.

Back