Could Lakeshore be well underway by then? Given that it already has frequent all way service.

It might make sense to combine some lines like Lakeshore east/west.

Lakeshore still needs electrification as well as corridor acquisition + new tracks in the Hamilton area.

Lakeshore still needs electrification as well as corridor acquisition + new tracks in the Hamilton area.

Not to mention grade separation at some level crossing. Take for example Morningside Road in Scarborough; it's a major road yet it still crosses the Lakeshore line at grade. If we want trains running every 15 minutes this may pose as a problem when it comes to traffic.

Not to mention grade separation at some level crossing. Take for example Morningside Road in Scarborough; it's a major road yet it still crosses the Lakeshore line at grade. If we want trains running every 15 minutes this may pose as a problem when it comes to traffic.

How long does it take for a train to cross Morningside. Probably no different than the amount of time is takes a pedestrian (one who presses the walk button and walks at the design speed) to cross the Morningside.

Is the desire to have everything grade-separated to not slow the road, or is it to add certainty to the train schedule, because any time cars (or peds) and trains interact, there is the potential for delays to service?

Yeah, I don't get the fanatic need to grade separate everything.
Somehow, Edmonton and Calgary manage 5 minute frequencies (bi-directional!) on their LRTs without having them completely grade separated. I would think that GO running 15 minute frequencies could be handled at grade (with appropriately large/visible crossing arms/gates) for much of the outer stretches of the lines.

The grade separations should be a nice-to-have, not a project blocker.

[edit] okay, I suppose I get the fanatic need. I just wish that there was more willingness to work within well established modes of operation.

Last edited:
Damn it. Looks like they'll have to scrap some of the stations on Yonge North.

No they won't. They could fit them in by squeezing and moving the bottom of the map down:

subway.jpg

I included the B-D/Line 2 extension in the modified map.

Attachments

• subway.jpg
    subway.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 725
Yeah but can you imagine them using a serif font on it like they do on the LED route display at the front of the trains? <gag>

AoD

Last edited:
Why don't install something like the dynamic LED in the NYC's subway?

View attachment 32379
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2524/3950329846_b776635353.jpg

Yes. Yes. Yes!

This is what I was talking about with computerized screens. It makes infinitely more sense to be able to update route info in a single software update, and frankly only showing the current line plus immediate connections is most useful anyways.

Yeah but can you imagine them using a serif font on it like they do on the LED route display at the front of the trains? <gag>

AoD

I do not wear glasses and have better than 20/20 vision. I still can't read that damn font until the train is 2/3 of the way down the platform to me.

Back