I love the way the balconies dont start until the 5th floor... really gives the south side great presence at street level.

^^ Wow... diva, anyone? lol

The fluster people get into about the retail in the base of all these condos amuses me. It's perfectly fine, and a very cute base at that.

Diva? On good hair days, yes.

I think I was hoping for something that was a little more appealing to the eye for the base retail. The building is such a stunner that I find it to be quite a let down that the retail that's there presents itself in such a sloppy way. Spire deserves something so much better than the Dollar Store look of the drycleaners and their cheap lime green signage.

Yeah. There was speculation that a Fresh & Wild might open here for the east side of downtown. I can't imagine how disappointed residents are that the giant corner retail jewel box has become a dry cleaner.

Yeah. There was speculation that a Fresh & Wild might open here for the east side of downtown. I can't imagine how disappointed residents are that the giant corner retail jewel box has become a dry cleaner.

I too am horrified at the retail for this building. A beautiful multi-million dollar tower is grounded by a bakery that you can't see into because the blinds are always shut, the world's biggest dry cleaner with terrible tacky signage, a sales office for yet another condo, and a wall of hideous vents. Such a shame.

BTW, a Fresh & Wild is opening in the base of the new Pure Spirits tower in the Distillery District, so I guess that will serve the east downtown.

Not that I want to instigate this argument again, but for the record...

I do actually like the understated entrance to the condos though. But to the right and left of the entrance is another story.

Physically, the base looks good, but it looks like there will be little retail at grade. Is Church St going to be completely devoid of retail?

It looks as though the only Church St. side retail would be the drycleaners and then the spot right next to it (pardon the pun) which has that Market Wharf banner.

And I just noticed that girl walking in the pic looks as though she could be a perfect "render person" with her pose...

I really like the base of this building. However, the north podium (is that umbrellas on top?) could have been prime retail space. Is it a mechanical room or something?

However, the north podium (is that umbrellas on top?) could have been prime retail space. Is it a mechanical room or something?

Gym and some other condo space.

There is room for retail on Church south of the condo entrance. But it has never been leased.

All of those sloppily hung hydro wires and confusing matrix of ttc wires also aren't helping this corner. For me they're really clashing with the ultra modern tower.

I just bought a unit on the 35th floor! :)

Will have a GREAT view of Bay Adelaide going up as well as the rest of the downtown core.

I move in June 24th.

spire_up.jpg

spire_from_yonge.jpg

Back