It's a vB bug. Anything in the 800+ post range in the active post range means large queries when viewing the thread. Its better for the server if you start a new thread and have the activity there. The Somethingawful forums ran into this problem often due to sheer posting volume. They have a policy of locking threads at around 800 posts and starting a "part 2" thread to continue discussion. It's just a good preventative maintenance measure.

A few larger forums have come up with fixes, but Jelsoft will threaten to sue you if you fix their code :)

very neat shot -- so many cities would die for a "stubby" skyline like that, and here we are pissing about 80 storey and 50-storey buildings in our massive skyline.

Does anyone know if there is parking available for sale still?

If not, how often to resales come about? And what sort of price do they usually run?

I have a unit, but no parking, and I am presently out of the country.

I was really hoping to purchase a spot soon.

Any help would be appreciated.

No idea about the parking situation, but there's a new site devoted to solving parking problems you may want to check out...

ParkingSpots.Com

BTW, I'm moving this thread as well to B&A as major construction is very much over. I'll leave a 1-month redirect in P&C though.

It really seems to me that a Projects and Construction thread has a certain form to it. Details of plans, speculation on start dates, discussions on construction, ongoing assessments, photo updates, post-construction reviews and updates usually going on for many, many pages in length.

While Building and Architecture takes another form, often kicked off by a newspaper article and even if discussing an existing building, doesn't contain those elements listed above and rarely lasts for more than a few pages.

I think P&C threads should stay in P&C simply because they are different creatures. It also doesn't seem to make sense that a forumer hoping to read about or post an update on a recently completed project should have to wager a guess as to which section the thread will be in.

Anyone have thoughts on the building across from Spire, 50 Lombard? I believe it's called the Indigo? A friend of a friend purchased in that building so I wanted to find out more info. Not much is available... looks great on the exterior

A good friend of mine has lived at 50 Lombard for about 6 years now... there's never been a problem with the building at all... very quiet, great rooftop terrace.

The only thing to watch for would be aging appliances and plumbing as the building's getting on in years. My friend got screwed when he found a flood in his kitchen thanks to the building's pipes.

Well, shouldn't, no, but they do. My building had a massive flood about a month ago due to loose joints on copper pipes. And it's 5 years old.

Spire had plumbing issues very early on, too, if I am not mistaken.

Back