They could always elevate the streetcar over Old Weston, the rail corridor and Keele/Weston. Add no trackage to the streetcar route. Reduce pedestrian conflicts. Not crazy expensive. It could be our little Broadway Junction.
That would require ambition and money, something toronto planners lack unless it's for a subway extension to the suburbs.

2 and 80 Union Street
September 11, 2023
7:00 PM – Virtual Hearing

Virtual meeting to discuss rezoning for the proposed St. Clair - Old Weston SmartTrack (GO) station. Two new station entrance buildings with below grade connections to station platforms within the Metrolinx rail corridor and a new TTC bus loop with 7 bus bays that can accomodate 3 articulated buses, 3 standard buses and 1 Wheel-Trans bus.
DevApp | Register

Did anyone go to this meeting? I was registered to attend, but any attempt to join just put me into a loop to register....join....register..... Then hangriness took over and I focused on dinner. :)

Any recording available?

Did anyone go to this meeting? I was registered to attend, but any attempt to join just put me into a loop to register....join....register..... Then hangriness took over and I focused on dinner. :)

Any recording available?

Unfortunately, I did not attend.

Reactions: vic

Community Meeting Presentation - September 11, 2023 has been uploaded. @vic

Screen Shot 2023-09-13 at 1.47.14 PM.png

I'm curious how they would describe the primary user base for this station. The design focus seems to be Union Street and bus connections, but my gut says the demand is St.Clair (Stockyards and streetcar). Knowing they are going to build a new St.Clair underpass and Davenport overpass, it seems crazy to me there is no way to have a proper St.Clair entrance, maybe something similar to Bloor-Dundas GO/UP station, and that there was no possible way to connect to the streetcar in a meaningful way. If the entrance to the station from the corner of St.Clair and Keele isn't the busiest of all the entrances I would be beyond surprised.

Nothing new from the official site plan submitted on Jul 10 2023

Posting this so that these images are indexable by Google et al
Isometric view
Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 5.46.34 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 5.48.01 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 5.48.22 PM.png

Last edited:
Other than land been clear and fence off, dead as a door nail for any work on this site a week ago.
They are doing work at night on this site. We received a notice of the overnight work recently. They are locating underground utilities. You may be confusing the site with the old Weston flea market site, which is different.

They are doing work at night on this site. We received a notice of the overnight work recently. They are locating underground utilities. You may be confusing the site with the old Weston flea market site, which is different.
Nope:

I haven't been in the area for some time and more so at this time of the year. There wasn't anything going on site the day I visited it nor any equipment.

I live close by, we received this notice not too long ago, although I haven’t been able to check as to whether any work is actually being done.

View attachment 537606
Notices and seeing someone or thing on a site are two different things. I got several notices lately, but the date things were to take place have yet to take place.

I must've missed it, but was there any explanation to why the side-side-island platform configuration was ditched for the side-side platform only? I assume the awkward layout, tight ROW, and limited need for an express service stop changed MX/ONxpress's minds.

Back