Some (belated) shots from Sunday:

20230716_135613.jpg

20230716_135646.jpg

The details could be better - but overall what a magnificent civic project. The scale is perfect.

AoD
Not sure you should give final judgement until it is finished, some of the details may still appear. Of course, what really matters is whether it will 'work' and we will not see that until spring 2024 when the Saturday Market moves 'home'. It will aslo be interested to see how the City uses it on weekdays - they should have a plan for that by now but my sources say they do not!

Not sure you should give final judgement until it is finished, some of the details may still appear. Of course, what really matters is whether it will 'work' and we will not see that until spring 2024 when the Saturday Market moves 'home'. It will aslo be interested to see how the City uses it on weekdays - they should have a plan for that by now but my sources say they do not!

Oh I think I can - some of the details had been eliminated.

AoD

The corrugated underside of the roof was always meant to be exposed. That seems very on-brand for RSHP and I think it could look fine if executed well.

Unfortunately, it looks like we've lost the tidy grid of metal supports shown in the renderings and been given a much messier arrangement in its place.
6070_N2790_1.jpg

The corrugated underside of the roof was always meant to be exposed. That seems very on-brand for RSHP and I think it could look fine if executed well.

Unfortunately, it looks like we've lost the tidy grid of metal supports shown in the renderings and been given a much messier arrangement in its place.
View attachment 495407
Also the diagonal cables extending to the corners of the first floor. And those red vents (another RSHP signature).

With the extra diagonal support lines (cables?) it looks a lot more interesting. As it is right now, it does look a bit weak though I'm OK with the exposed under hang right now. It reminds me of the flat Lego bricks.

I wonder what Thames Reach is being used for now. For years (until the completion of 122 Leadenhall) it was the RSHP home base.
there was a plan to turn the office and the adjacent building into housing, however nothing has come of it yet. I believe they are being used as offices/entertainment venue.
Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 18.26.28.png

Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 18.26.57.png

Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 18.27.03.png

Back