I mean, when your average homeowner can’t bring their renovations in on time and budget, what could we reasonably expect from a large bureaucracy?

IMG_2986.JPG
IMG_2946.JPG

This is from

EX16.10 - Capital Variance Report for the Twelve Months Ended December 31, 2023 .​

1721071354157.png

1721071410233.png

I assume this EXCLUDES the latest budget-hole/scandal that was revealed last week. Even in December 2023 the Green P was not apparetly going to open until December 2024. Has this slipped yet again??

The Q1 Report for 2024 sees further slippages or certainly no speeding up!

1721071688148.png

1721071784566.png

Last edited:
It's not just the city, its all levels of government. I say that as someone in government. It's certainly partly bureaucratic red tape and wasted time on meetings about meetings, but after being at various companies for a while on the public side, there seems to be a real lack of qualified leadership that understands leadership approaches focused on positivity and motivation as a general concept. There are also a lot of people put in positions of management based on cronyism or nepotism, at least where I used to work which was a public, but pretending to be private, org. I'm probably only clipping the tip of the mismanagement iceberg.

My last manager was actually great, but those ppl above them were incestuous.

Don’t get excited it’s not open! Lol
But a few images of how well-View attachment 586788View attachment 586786lit the atrium is with just daylight. Also the little courtyard on the east side will be an amazing patio/art display space! Taken 8 August.

View attachment 586789View attachment 586790View attachment 586791View attachment 586792View attachment 586793View attachment 586794
You shouldn't raise our hopes like that - it actually looks virtually unchanged for several months. Grrrrrr

As the photo shows there is also a courtyard on the east side adjacent to St. Lawrence Hall. You must be thinking of the plaza.
This is not likely to be patio I think - at least at the moment it is the emergency exit and loading dock for the Hall. If the Biagio Restaurant (who have the patio on west side) is ever replaced by one more 'useful' or innovative then I guess they could set it up as a second patio for them but .....

Back