This is gonna go fast from here on out.. :D

I'm sure we'll begin seeing cladding on the lower floors by the end of the Spring.

I don't think you'll see cladding until early next year. Unless something's changed the plan was to leave all of the parking levels open for construction access, and to start the curtainwall above the garage. I think the lower level cladding will end up being the very last thing that gets done.

I don't think you'll see cladding until early next year. Unless something's changed the plan was to leave all of the parking levels open for construction access, and to start the curtainwall above the garage. I think the lower level cladding will end up being the very last thing that gets done.

A year for cladding? 'whatever.'

I'll have my fingers crossed until the public art component goes up on the parking floors. It could really make or break this intersection. Hopefully Donald has no say in who gets the commission.

Edit: Has anyone seen any drafts of the Snow/Speirs proposal?
(http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2007/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-6110.pdf)

I have :) The public art piece on the ground floor is really cool. I saw a small mock-up of it. It's being done by an artist in Ontario.

The early draft of the Snow/Speirs lighting effects I saw a while ago are going to be very cool as well. I wish I could share it. But I can't...

I have :) The public art piece on the ground floor is really cool. I saw a small mock-up of it. It's being done by an artist in Ontario.

The early draft of the Snow/Speirs lighting effects I saw a while ago are going to be very cool as well. I wish I could share it. But I can't...

You're such a tease. You can't give us a little more? Come on, throw us nerds a bone.

A year for cladding? 'whatever.'

Well, they need to get the parking structure up to 8 I think, and then they'll need at least another 8-10 storeys poured above that before the curtainwall can get started. They're at 3 now, and need to go 15 more to allow for curtainwall. If things keep going at a floor every two weeks that would give you 30 weeks, which would take you pretty close to early next year.

Tho is just what I was told, could be right, could be wrong, but it seems reasonable enough.

Well, they need to get the parking structure up to 8 I think, and then they'll need at least another 8-10 storeys poured above that before the curtainwall can get started. They're at 3 now, and need to go 15 more to allow for curtainwall. If things keep going at a floor every two weeks that would give you 30 weeks, which would take you pretty close to early next year.

Tho is just what I was told, could be right, could be wrong, but it seems reasonable enough.

Once they get past the parking levels, we would have to assume they'll likely move alot faster than a floor every 2 weeks.

Yes they will be building very quickly now that it's above ground, providing the good weather continues.

Yes, they will be building very quicky, but we won't see a rapid rise in the building until they move past the parking levels. So 5 or so more floors to go.

I thought i read some time back on this forum, that they were planning to build a floor a week.

From my vantage point, it looks like they are going a bit faster right now than a floor every two weeks. There was another pour last night of the ramp on the south side up to the next floor. They've already moved construction materials on top of the still curing concrete.

Attachments

• P4160075.jpg
    P4160075.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 248
Yes, they will be building very quicky, but we won't see a rapid rise in the building until they move past the parking levels. So 5 or so more floors to go.

Actually it won't start to move quickly until they pass the first sky lobby. That's when the forms won't have to be built manually anymore.

Back