Here are some photos I took yesterday of Trump...

I have to say this thing is getting HUGE... I can hardly fit the thing in my frame... I say it's the pouring of the 11th floor now...

3887872236_90ff9bfae4_b.jpg

3887873008_33ec64c08e_b.jpg

3887880750_60e4eaa37f_b.jpg

3887882838_edb3679f27_b.jpg

3887086091_55b90ee677_b.jpg

All photos by me: steveve

Let me know how I did and for more photos I took and posted today check out these threads...

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?p=4441043&posted=1#post4441043

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?p=4441041&posted=1#post4441041

Peace :)

I was bored so I put together a timeline for Trump from the photos I took:

Srry for the first few photos lower resolution because I was using my old camera-

March 27, 2009 (work on the 3rd floor):
3391754109_5c9a42510f.jpg

May 23, 2009 (work on the 5th floor and Trump curtain wall is going up):
3559885699_e6630e9531.jpg

June 13, 2009 (work on the 6th floor and Trump curtain wall is fully operational):
3621776037_89fe7f0433.jpg

July 13, 2009 (work on the 8/9th floor and I got a new camera :) ) :
3720017577_2e1152bb82.jpg

September 3, 2009 (Trump can't fit in the frame anymore... working on the 11th floor):
3887873008_33ec64c08e.jpg

Enjoy-

re: "cant fit in the frame anymore"

well, thats mainly because you have your camera's aspect ratio set to 16:9 widescreen. If you had it set to 3:2 it would easily fit in the frame!

what camera are you using now?

May 23, 2009 (work on the 5th floor and Trump curtain wall is going up):
3559885699_e6630e9531.jpg

Great photos. Minor correction though... that's not curtain wall. That's the Automatic Climbing System. Curtain wall is the glass cladding that goes up on buildings a la Bay-Adelaide Centre.

Here are some photos I took yesterday of Trump...

I have to say this thing is getting HUGE... I can hardly fit the thing in my frame... I say it's the pouring of the 11th floor now...

Let me know how I did and for more photos I took and posted today check out these threads...

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?p=4441043&posted=1#post4441043

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?p=4441041&posted=1#post4441041

Peace :)

This is a difficult corner to photograph and will become more so as the building progresses. I gave up on it mid-summer.

Steveve thanks for your terrific contributions, your photos are a force to be reckoned with. Some of us are going to have to work harder to keep up with you! Keep up the great work :)

Great photos. Minor correction though... that's not curtain wall. That's the Automatic Climbing System. Curtain wall is the glass cladding that goes up on buildings a la Bay-Adelaide Centre.

Thanks for correcting me :)

I always knew that there was a better name for that :)

re: "cant fit in the frame anymore"

well, thats mainly because you have your camera's aspect ratio set to 16:9 widescreen. If you had it set to 3:2 it would easily fit in the frame!

what camera are you using now?

I am currently using a Sony Cybershot T-90... it's a point and shoot camera but it get's the job done 12.1mp.... But before July I was using a Sony cybershot T-70, it was only 7.1 so the image resolution was a lot lower...

I can alternate modes between 16:9 and 3:2 and so on...

I never knew that when you change aspect modes the amount you get in the frame changes.... But isn't 16:9 a larger image than 3:2?

but thanks for the tip... I'll try to remember it next time...

Peace

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth, but it's really too bad this puppy is being built where it is.

Obviously, it will create amazing density at Bay/Adelaide, but it's a shame it will be almost invisible from many angles.

This is a difficult corner to photograph and will become more so as the building progresses. I gave up on it mid-summer.

Steveve thanks for your terrific contributions, your photos are a force to be reckoned with. Some of us are going to have to work harder to keep up with you! Keep up the great work :)

I try to get a whole bunch of updates each month of all skyscrapers under construction but things will slow down now that school is starting... I'll only have weekends during school and it's always weather depending....

But thanks for the positive feed. :)

I know I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth, but it's really too bad this puppy is being built where it is.

Obviously, it will create amazing density at Bay/Adelaide, but it's a shame it will be almost invisible from many angles.

yeah... i know... it's such a shame....

This is not only due to the huge amount of density in that particular area but due to the fact that it is such a small site... The building will be super skinny and will be wedged in between Scotia Plaza, Bay Adelaide, FCP, etc...

But it WILL be visible from a distance, the north west, and from the east...

This building could have been so much more than it is....

**but it's a great skyline filler and that's fine by me :)

Peace-

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's going to be more visible than people are expecting because of Trump's alignment on that block. Scotia's tower is set so far back from Adelaide that Trump should be almost entirely visible from the east, and something similar happens with BMO so you end up with Trump really only being blocked from the south (by CCW) and north (by BA), but even then CCW is set back from Bay in such a way that Trump will still probably poke through

Those living in highrises to the north to north-east will have a good view of it. I can see it already from my POV, not that there's much to see yet. It will also have a dramatic presence when walking down Yonge Street.

I spoke with an electrician friend of mine who is doing his apprenticeship at Trump and he was able to confirm that the building will be 64 stories.

I spoke with an electrician friend of mine who is doing his apprenticeship at Trump and he was able to confirm that the building will be 64 stories.

Any word on whether that will translate into an increase in overall height as well, or just lower ceilings per floor?

I didn't ask. I don't think there will be any change in height considering the brouhaha which occurred around 2005 when this was initially proposed and subsequently shortened.

Back