Trump

Is this for sure? I have been reading speculations that the sales aren't doing that well and that these recent announcements are all just marketing tactics. I really want to believe you though. I want Toronto to have a 1000 fter.

It better go up, we already lost Sapphire, if Trump were to lose steam, I'd be fearful that we'd get another Bay-Adelaide stump, this time across the street from the original.

Re: Four Seasons

It will go up...........it's unfortunate it hasn't started sooner rather than later.

I will breathe a big sigh of relief once it actually starts though!

Given how long ago many of the units were sold, I'm not even sure the building could be constructed for the prices they were sold at. Maybe the developer doesn't even want to proceed?

Re: Trump

Well Trump will be in town shortly so expect at least a photo op at the sales centre.

I have long assumed that the purpose of this exercise is to generate publicity, rather than to actually build something.

Over at the the international forums, TrumpToronto is hyping some kind of announcement next week.

But why would the Donald need publicity here in mudville if there weren't going to be a building with his name on it?

Re: Trump

Wow, another tease about another frickin' announcement. I think this project takes the record for the most number of announcements before construction (and without ever releasing clear sales figures).

Whatever happens Trump walks away looking like a winner: if it's not built we're not "world class" enough to handle a Trump building.

When we are "world class" *cringe* enough to have Ritz, Shangri-La and Four Seasons?

But of course, class isn't something I'd expect from someone who had to head up TV shows to sustain his brand.

AoD

I should ask Brad Lamb the same question!

Stump Trump with Trump the Stump!

Trump Toronto Alive and Kicking!

What do you mean never releasing clear sales figures? Currently they are in the $250-$260 MILLION sold range. Can you name any other project in Toronto over the past 2 1/2 years who has sold that much real estate $?

Any speculation about the project's demise are entirely unfounded. Have we hit a few bumps in the road these past 2 1/2 years? Sure. Just like any project of this magnitude--and honestly, there is nothing to compare it to in Toronto on an apples-to-apples basis. But as I mentioned on the other forum, we will have an important announcement in the next week. It's a big deal.

From the very beginning when I joined the project 3 1/2 years ago, there has been a negatism towards the project by the Toronto media and by certain members in the real estate community (usually people promoting or working for other competing developments). Including some un-named reporters who write stories without checking their facts and instead rely on 3rd party rumour.

Unlike other developments which promote great success and complete BS sales numbers (e.g. Ritz), we only announce/promote actual sales figures. For some, perhaps that's too honest of an approach. But that is the way we believe in doing business. We do not believe in the smoke and mirrors game that many developers participate in.

Unlike other developments which promote great success and complete BS sales numbers (e.g. Ritz), we only announce/promote actual sales figures. For some, perhaps that's too honest of an approach. But that is the way we believe in doing business. We do not believe in the smoke and mirrors game that many developers participate in.

I'd watch what you post here. The above might be considered libel.

But there has never ever been any sales figures with regard to the percentage of sales for the whole building (unlike every other building in the city). We have heard figures with regard to total sales (is $200 million a fifth of the project, a half, three quarters?) and figures with regards to some sections of the building ("yes, we have sold 100% of three floors" or something like that) but none of this provides any perspective as to how much of the building is actually sold.

If you do not want to provide sales figures for the building, that is fine. But to provide figures and stats without any context and then to argue others are not being forthright, is perhaps unfair.

Back