I think this is gonna look amazing. If you're going to do green at least be bold about it. It is the colour of money after all.. and it is Trump Tower.

I agree 100% ! this is really going to be a nice contrast to neighbouring towers. It should be especially striking against its closest neighbour - Scotia Plaza. If anyone knows about colour wheels and complimentary colour schemes we'll have it right here with green against red... look forward to seeing it in some setting sunlight!

There was a slowdown late last week and earlier this week building the forming for the next floor. However, workers have been frantically putting down re-bar, post-tensioning cables and electrical conduit on the western side for the past day and a half and it now looks like they might pour the western side of the floor later today. Is now the 17th floor? I'm losing count. It may not really matter anyway as TT is labelling the floors with level designations that don't exactly match up to the floor count.

I gave up trying to count floors awhile ago. There's spots where two floors seem to be open to each other, and other spaces with extra landings and mezzanines, and then the hoist is on the south side where the floor numbers aren't visible. 17 sounds about right, but I'm not going to bother working anything out until they hit the condo floors

photo update from my balcony.

Attachments

• DSC03690.jpg
    DSC03690.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 285
  • DSC03691.jpg
    DSC03691.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 224
  • DSC03692.jpg
    DSC03692.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC03693.jpg
    DSC03693.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC03694.jpg
    DSC03694.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 237
What a "Manhattan" view that is - such a powerful streetwall.

Scaled down of course but yeah... really nice streetwall action!

Really hard to believe that there was a huge gap in the streetwall before Trump and BA started!

Toronto needs more of these tall streetwalls!

Best building of the century? I think so :p

Great shots of cladding Cal!!!

*I noticed in the shots that the cladding is very bright!.. It looks almost artificial and very clownish!... Doesn't seem like it would be a colour for a building lol! I wonder how it will look with the whole thing clad in that?..
:)

***and are those pieces of cladding windows or just plain cladding?... Are you able to look outside from the inside?

and are those pieces of cladding windows or just plain cladding?... Are you able to look outside from the inside?

From the images, these panels are completely opaque, or at best only barely translucent. Their primary purpose appear to be cladding, in three (so far) colours -- dark grey, lighter grey and turquoise. Although the distinction between the two shades of grey might be simply due to different angles of reflection. I would expect the first transparent windows to show up once the non-parking levels start to be clad.

Last edited:

Back