There were plans to basically build a wall along Adelaide to enclose the glass canopy and the north entrance to the building. I'm not sure if they were also planning to divide up the space into a few floors of office space as well. I haven't heard anything about it in awhile (a victim of the recession?)

I hope this doesn't happen, I like scotia plaza as it is :/

Looks like they are setting the next staging hoist to suspend the next cladding phase on the East side.

4411395139_78922b88af_b.jpg

The crane is now visible from the west side of University, north of Queen. Another few weeks and the tower itself will be poking up

I dont think it would be easy to see Trump from that angle when everything is in silhouette anyway... atleast not until its spire surpasses Scotia's roof.

couple of recent pics posted by skyscraper03 at SSC....

trumptoronto.jpg

trumptoronto02.jpg

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Totally not liking the green. I was expecting a much lighter shade - that look like a 50's appliance.

It's the 3rd ugliest highrise under construction in Toronto. Only several Monarch towers beat it for fugliness.

"2010-Mar-07 10:37
#1292 urbandreamer
recession proof
The beautiful thing about tourists in Toronto staying in the PATH by day is they don't get to see how ugly downtown Toronto looks during daylight hours!
Now, I'm slightly biased with my roots in Vancouver...but seriously, other than f&f and business trips, what is there to see in Toronto as a tourist? "

urbandreamer, your opinion regarding Toronto is tainted, by your own admission.

Back