Here's a line drawing for Steveve. He likes these. ;)

Plus, it gives the rest of us an idea of the impact Trump will have from King and Bay.

4771120483_ccb498dcb3_b.jpg

(Original courtesy CML above)

Thanks for the imagination aid :D

That's a pretty good height, in most part due to the thin profile of the tower. Any wider and it'd look stumpy. An additional 10 stories would be pretty amazing though...

hmmm ... I don't remember the bump out balconies currently being constructed on the south elevation ever being shown on the scaled model previously ... I wonder when they added that, nonetheless the balcony projection seems pretty neat :D

Awesome close up ^^^

Anyone know if the "smaller balcony fins" will be accessible????... because they aren't attached to any openings, they're just hanging on the side of building columns unlike the larger fins...

^ Steveve, as I said in my first post on the subject: There is a cool opportunity to make that a "Glass Floor" between the two sections but I'm sure it won't be. It probably will be joined by ornamental flashing to make it look cohesive but it won't be part of the balcony... If that is what these fins really are in the first place,. I was just speculating when I said they were balconies for the Spa floor.

Wouldn't they just go back eventually and join all the pieces with concrete? After they're finished with the construction elevators I mean.

Wouldn't they just go back eventually and join all the pieces with concrete? After they're finished with the construction elevators I mean.

Yeah that would make the most sense, but they didn't leave exposed re-bar at the ends. That is what they usually do when they are going to fill in holes in concrete later. Like where the crane hole is filled as it is jacked higher. See example below.

Note the re-bar bent to the side, that will be used to tie the concrete plug in place.

AbWorldCraneHole.jpg

(Courtesy interchange42 in the Absolute World thread http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.p...brook-Cityzen-56-50s-MAD-(Yansong-Ma))/page95 )

I think you could be right! I never noticed that the construction elevators would eventually have to go right through the balconies... So yeah.. i guess they will be a joined later on. :)

And traynor, i think a glass floor would be kinda neat!

Is it me, or is the glass more shiny than normal?... i remember the glass used to be really dirty, i guess the rain washed off some of the dirt :)

***I never noticed how many windows opened on trump ^^^ they create a cool pattern when they are all open.. much like four seasons...

I guess construction crews NEED to have them open due to the heat wave, it must such working in a building thats under construction with no air conditioning and few open windows :p

Back