Funny thing happened yesterday.. i was taking pictures pictures.. and steveve, his camera and his mom popped into the frame

here ya go!!

sany1439.jpg

sany1420.jpg

Last edited:
Funny thing happened yesterday.. i was taking pictures pictures.. and steveve, his camera and his mom popped into the frame

haha!!! :D... no comment... :p

that little bugger wasn't even takin a picture of trump!, he's missing the big attraction here :D

But every time i pass by the site i notice people look up while they're waiting for the traffic lights to change. its a sweet feelin :D

hmmm ... I don't remember the bump out balconies currently being constructed on the south elevation ever being shown on the scaled model previously ... I wonder when they added that, nonetheless the balcony projection seems pretty neat :D

They've always been there. You can only see them on the scale model of the tower in the sales centre. I have an old rendering around somewhere, but obviously, the South-side of the building is not really the best vantage point from a marketing perspective. The large balconies are for the spa level and the residential Sky Lobby.

Alot of people disliked the colour of the granite but its stayed true to the early renders.. its weird how the renders evolved over time and trump took a bit of each render and combined it into one.. in this case, the granite remained true to this render:

trump-toronto-skyline2.jpg

The rendering showing black granite that appeared for a while was definitely the best. This building isn't really to my taste, but it would've looked a lot cleaner with dark granite and different glass. I'm thinking 4 Seasons-esque glass.

The rendering showing black granite that appeared for a while was definitely the best. This building isn't really to my taste, but it would've looked a lot cleaner with dark granite and different glass. I'm thinking 4 Seasons-esque glass.

But four seasons glass would be too similar to Bay Adelaide next door, so it wouldn't really stand out as much.. but maybe if it was a different colour then it would look decent,

the dark granite would have been classy but it wouldn't fit in as much from bay street,

I respect their decision for colour choices, :)

The earlier renderings showed a light tan stone; not prison-grey.

But four seasons glass would be too similar to Bay Adelaide next door, so it wouldn't really stand out as much.. but maybe if it was a different colour then it would look decent,

the dark granite would have been classy but it wouldn't fit in as much from bay street,

I respect their decision for colour choices, :)

Bay is largely a toss-up of eras and styles, so a black granite would fit in (or not fit in) as much as the current stone does now. I suggested a 4 Seasons coloured glass to keep a neutral classy tone, but I actually really liked urbandreamer's earlier suggestion of a magenta colour. Perhaps not magenta specifically, but a bold attention-grabbing colour would've suited trump well. That or a standard glass colour with randomly situated coloured panes, like Spire, X, or M5V. Oh well...

Adelaide St. view, pics by Jasonzed at SSC.....

20100710129.jpg

20100710124.jpg

Back