I liked the original 70+ Storey model, any chance they will just essentially say "screw it" and tack on the few more stories?

haha!...i wish... :(

I found this "old looking" photo lying around on SSC...

It looks like a weird version of Trump Toronto but its on the front page of the Ritz Carlton Thread ( http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=379644 )...

I remember reading something a while back about some sorta joint collaboration with the ritz for trump which was scrapped. it's somewhere in the back of my head but i just never knew anything about it... can someone help me with this?:

*****Photo by nicetommy

toronto_hotelhome.jpg

Last edited:
I remember reading something a while back about some sorta joint collaboration with the ritz for trump which was scrapped. it's somewhere in the back of my head but i just never knew anything about it... can someone help me with this?:

Yea, Trump was supposed to have a Ritz hotel in it, but Ritz didn't like the idea so they pulled out and constructed their own building. Talon came along after that to partner with Trump. I'm not an expert so, if anyone knows better, please correct me!

Hey! That's the photo I had posted on here ages ago. I found the original large size one on my PC just now. It was taken on December 3rd, 2001.

Yea, Trump was supposed to have a Ritz hotel in it, but Ritz didn't like the idea so they pulled out and constructed their own building. Talon came along after that to partner with Trump. I'm not an expert so, if anyone knows better, please correct me!

The Ritz pulled out because the founder of the development group for the Ritz Carlton Hotel was facing fraud charges south of the border. At the time, Trump was brought in simply for marketing purposes. His role expanded once Talon took over as hotel manager for the condo-ized hotel. Even now calling this a Trump building in the same tone as other Trump developments is a huge stretch. It's little more than a name slapped on the side of the building that could easily change in due time.

Was there ever a scale model of the building as it's being constructed today, or only the original design?

Hey! That's the photo I had posted on here ages ago. I found the original large size one on my PC just now. It was taken on December 3rd, 2001.

Haha! WOW!. 2001... this whole idea of a trump property in toronto has gone on forever!. I can't imagine being an original buyer/interested in buying and having to wait that long.

Was there ever a scale model of the building as it's being constructed today, or only the original design?

I don't think so.... i could be wrong. anyone know where/if there is still a sales center for the tower! I only remember the one that was on site years ago. never heard of it since.

neat capture caltrane! ^^^ It reminds us how tall some of these floors are, just looking at the tall columns! exciting tower!. We should be close to the 150m mark. but it definitely doesn't look it at the base!

Back