Yikes indeed ^^
luckily no one was hurt. was it a new panel being installed/carried by the crane, or an existing panel that had been knocked off by the swinging crane?

Those are some spectacular photos from today Steve.

from today
20110130212.jpg

20110130046.jpg

I'm digging Jasonzed's second photo as well. When Toronto gets its first supertall, whenever that may be, its ideal location would be behind Commerce Court West, right at Yonge and Wellington. It would look spectacular from this western vantage point.

Section of Adelaide reopens after glass falls from building http://www.680news.com/news/local/a...laide-reopens-after-glass-falls-from-building

TORONTO, Ont. - A section of Adelaide Street West has been reopened after a large pane of glass fell from a building under construction.

The glass reportedly fell from the Trump Tower after a construction crane hit a window on the 29th floor.

Police told 680News no one was hurt.

Adelaide Street between Bay Street and Yonge Street was closed for almost two hours while crews cleaned up.

Awesome night shots posted by Sodapop at SSC:

5355899866_b64cdeb10d_b.jpg

5355269063_1e6e00e4e8_b.jpg

***Notice the cladding has commenced on the mechanical levels!

From this vantage point....would 45 Bay st, fill in the gap between cbd and Southcore....what about L tower?? Traynor .......I'm putting out the "Lat Signal" ......to the rescue" Latman."

If i could photoshop I would put your avatar in the night sky... to the north of B.A...lol

Last edited:
Hard to believe from looking at those pics, that the remaining 14 floors will take this tower to 250 meters,:confused:

Yes it doesn't register as being very tall yet but it does seem to be at about 600ft judging from those skyline shots, in which case 200 more feet or so would be about right.

Quote: jetsbackincanada

From this vantage point....would 45 Bay st, fill in the gap between cbd and Southcore....what about L tower?? Traynor .......I'm putting out the "Lat Signal" ......to the rescue" Latman."

If i could photoshop I would put your avatar in the night sky... to the north of B.A...lol

No need to light the "Lat-Signal" I follow most of the main threads daily.

I could do a render with the upper picture that would show L-Tower and the proposed 45 Bay Street but it would probably disappoint you. Especially for 45 Bay, because it would be partially hidden by the CN Tower. See the spotlights from Air Canada Center? Follow them down to their focal point. Now that is approximately where 45 Bay would stand.

As for L-Tower... If you know which building is the Bay-Wellington Tower of Brookfield place then you will know L-Tower's apparent height from this vantage point. As well, it will be almost equidistant from the TD Canada Trust Tower to the South as Bay Wellington is to its North and half hidden by Simcoe Place in the foreground.

Does any of that make sense, or do I still have to do the render? LOL

I was always looking forward to seeing sapphire tower just for the impact on the skyline. despite how skinny it would have been, it would have definitely added a whole new dimension of tall to our skyline and brought some attention to the CBD north.

45 Bay will make the CBD appear to extend southward and Canada tower northward. when joined in with the Southcore area, we'll have a whole new skyline... and that's only this section of the skyline :D

No need to light the "Lat-Signal" I follow most of the main threads daily.

I could do a render with the upper picture that would show L-Tower and the proposed 45 Bay Street but it would probably disappoint you. Especially for 45 Bay, because it would be partially hidden by the CN Tower. See the spotlights from Air Canada Center? Follow them down to their focal point. Now that is approximately where 45 Bay would stand.

As for L-Tower... If you know which building is the Bay-Wellington Tower of Brookfield place then you will know L-Tower's apparent height from this vantage point. As well, it will be almost equidistant from the TD Canada Trust Tower to the South as Bay Wellington is to its North and half hidden by Simcoe Place in the foreground.

Does any of that make sense, or do I still have to do the render? LOL

Thanx "Latman"!!!Always to the rescue... Too bad neither will really fill that gap then eh?....All the same L tower will add another layer for sure.. Any projects that will fill the gap come to mind??

Thanx "Latman"!!!Always to the rescue... Too bad neither will really fill that gap then eh?....All the same L tower will add another layer for sure.. Any projects that will fill the gap come to mind??

No ... Don't think anything will fill that gap, but it looks like from that angle that Shangri-La will almost eliminate the gap between BAC and Trump (not that its a big gap, but will definitely do a lot for the appearance of density as it overlaps with BAC)

I can barely find M5V.... is it down in front of TD towers??
The other B.A. towers would fill in the gap to the north nicely... Ice will give a nice peak to Southcore...

also...FCP and Scotia stood alone so long , when they needed to be stepped down ...to not diminish everything else.... its a bit like how the WTC's dwarfed Wall st, making 700 foot towers seem small..... Now with BA/ Trump/ Shangri La/ Lightbox etc theres more balance tapering the giants.

Last edited:
...ya know Traynor...."Lat Signal" ...maybe a render here would be a good idea....with the King St stuff popping up...plus ..Ice , L, Trump, SL,....... Canada tower we aint seen that in render yet. Would 300 front maybe fill that gap?????? Bisha, Cinema . Charlie, Residences RCMI, The white on the Park tower whos, name escapes me. Man it just goes on and on.

You know, from that angle, a lot of those Entertainment District projects would just be visual noise in that shot.

Speaking of the Entertainment District... When all the condos get built and all the gentrified, snooty folk move in and they lobby City Hall to shut down all the clubs... Will it still be the Entertainment District?

Perhaps the "Snoozy, Show-off, Middle-Class Thinkin' They're All that and a Bag of Chips District" would be more apropos.

Last edited:

Back