nice!
At the age of 42, Alex Shnaider has built the tallest residential tower in Canada — and the second tallest building in Toronto, after the CN Tower.

The article as it appears now in the Star online does not include the second statement.

I'd also take issue with the "has built." The developer is still building, and the residential section will lag behind the hotel for occupancy. It is interesting to read and see just how much finishing has taken place inside--looking across the street, I can tell there are finished offices directly across the way (level or just above my 8th floor office in the Canada Permanent)--but I cannot see anything finished on upper floors.

Last edited:
from today
20110326041.jpg

20110326151.jpg

20110326152.jpg

20110326251.jpg

from today....rebar for the next floor sticking up.....

5565666020_f09dcac372_b.jpg

entrance....
5565086393_acbee880e6_b.jpg

things are looking good. the hoarding is going bye-bye at ground level, so Bay and Adelaide should feel less like a construction zone now... have the fin(s) been installed on the Adelaide face yet? from yyzer's pic, it looks as if they're getting ready to install the lower fin.

anyhow.
3 more floors and it will at least be past bay adelaide (2 more for it to "look" tied from most angles)
very exciting milestone up ahead for trump!

Edit:
looking at that last pic again, it looks like there is dark granite at the very very base! you guys wanted black granite.... you got it!

yeah, no fins on Adelaide yet....and that is indeed black granite at the base.....

From what I could count, there's around 10 to 12 storeys to go. I think they are currently working on the 48th story.

yeah, no fins on Adelaide yet....and that is indeed black granite at the base.....

The black granite is in horizontal bands along the lower part of the facade. Looking through the windows there, you can see a lot of work going on in the lobby. But Adelaide still feels like a construction zone, even though pedestrians are right up against the building now. Crane is still hoisting up materials regularly out over Adelaide.

I'm with you, things really have slowed down. I'm not suggesting anything here, just sayin'...

See Trump on the left behind BAC from January 27th & March 17th. It looks like Trump has moved up maybe two levels in that time period.

Hey,

I'm currently working at Trump.

Things slowed down because the GC had all of the trades focusing our resources on getting them occupancy for the Hotel portion, which is now open.

There were two fashion shows last week! Red carpet right across our loading dock and everything!

Most of the more recent delays are weather related. Last week was especially bad and shutdown a lot of work in the upper tower (hoists & crane were down, too windy for swingstage)
have the fin(s) been installed on the Adelaide face yet? from yyzer's pic, it looks as if they're getting ready to install the lower fin.

No, I don't believe they are getting ready to install anything to do with the canopy. Although I wouldn't be surprised if LewisBuilds told us (curtain wall) at the very last minute.

I'd also take issue with the "has built." The developer is still building, and the residential section will lag behind the hotel for occupancy. It is interesting to read and see just how much finishing has taken place inside--looking across the street, I can tell there are finished offices directly across the way (level or just above my 8th floor office in the Canada Permanent)--but I cannot see anything finished on upper floors.
Indeed, still a lot of work to be done. And you're right, quite a bit of finishing has taken place. I saw drywall on level 31 today, and plenty of finishes a few floors below that. I know that on levels 8 - 20, essentially everything is done. Especially anything to do with entertaining guests. There are still some odds and ends that they left hanging in the staff portions.

Last edited:
hey wopchop, thx for your input, and welcome to the forum!

Keep us posted on what's happening......:)

Looking very closley at this picture, I detected a very slight setback on the Southeast corner. (Maybe only a foot or two deep) It will give some added detail to an otherwise flat South facade of the residential floors.

5569440725_d2a0332dea_b.jpg

(Image courtesy yyzer in this thread)

Looking very closley at this picture, I detected a very slight setback on the Southeast corner. (Maybe only a foot or two deep) It will give some added detail to an otherwise flat South facade of the residential floors.

yup... you're right. i think its where the granite on the south side ends,

Back