Taken this evening.

5596284079_e3577f0563_b.jpg

Mo-tage. i. am. freakin. jealous.
trump NEVER looks that tall, ever. (unless you're superman), its so hard to get a shot that showcases it's already massive height, it just never looks it. i was at the td tower 2 years ago (doors open heritage thing), but i only saw trump at about 1 floor (at the time, bay adelaide was the star everyone was talking about).

it is only from here that you really get an appreciation for TO's 9th tallest. i'll be watching this thing as it passes each and every landmark, on its way to having the 3rd highest roof in the city!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nothing really beats trump in terms of height : footprint ratio (sure 1 king west might, but ain't nearly as tall and crammed right beside bay adelaide). looking up on adelaide, seeing 2 huge skyscrapers on either side of the street, ain't gonna be found anywhere else in the city.... towers in the core are spread out quite a bit, but not these guys.

jeez... skyscrapers ARE awesome. :D:D:D:D:D

EDIT: WOW, it is only now that you can really see how the granite setbacks/arrangement lines up PERFECTLY with the short building south of it (jeez, can't remember the name right now, i just know it has something to do with scotia bank or commerce court bank heritage). looks great.

Last edited:
EDIT: WOW, it is only now that you can really see how the granite setbacks/arrangement lines up PERFECTLY with the short building south of it (jeez, can't remember the name right now, i just know it has something to do with scotia bank or commerce court bank heritage). looks great.

Bank of Nova Scotia Building :p

Believe it or not that was just supposed to be the base of a taller bank tower.. Picture 40 Wall St. and Metlife Tower's lovechild.

That last pic is great. Trump may not be the nicest looking, but at least it's different. I can hang with that.

Yes, there are many issues in the details. In a minimalist design it's all about the details, but this one's hardly minimalist. Stand back, squint and enjoy.

Believe it or not that was just supposed to be the base of a taller bank tower.. Picture 40 Wall St. and Metlife Tower's lovechild.

ahhh.... it sucks that toronto doesn't have a "woolworth/40 wall/american international" kinda building in our cbd. those things are so timeless.

^^^ i agree thats one thing i think torontos skyline is lacking, acouple good art deco skyscrapers. it would have been nicer if the other plan for the bank of nova scotia tower had been built... but at the same time i'm glad we got what we did with that tower. especially since the plan sat there for years during the great depression and the war, its lucky it wasn't cancelled entirely

I vaguely remember seeing an image in another thread of a building that looked like 40 Wall St set in behind the old Scotia Bank building, and I was wondering what it was doing there..must have been this unbuilt building you're talking about! Does anyone know the picture I'm referring too, or have a copy that you can post here? I'd like to see it again :)

I don't know (offhand) of any such picture--and for that matter, I don't know of any plans for BNS to be taller than it is; John Lyle's original plan was for a more elaborately decorated BNS, not for a potentially taller BNS IIRC...

Back