April 15
5624955046_f2f581e655_b.jpg

5624367497_8c3ed3af90_b.jpg

5624772841_babf8b1ce4_b.jpg

5625345342_381c504a88_b.jpg

5624751943_2417f7200a_b.jpg

5624753627_e28aeaf437_b.jpg

5624750739_4562d08419_b.jpg

What Happen to the corners?? Did the ship from China go down at sea as this loney piece has been there for months.
5624749261_b7d8dc163b_b.jpg

5624746255_1466343fb5_b.jpg

5624743653_8df6d5aa80_b.jpg

5625033002_d40fca980c_b.jpg

From Humber Bay
5624122847_58495080e3_b.jpg

Last edited:

I like the tower for being slim but to me Trump just disappears as "one of many" in the area. Perhaps when the onion dome goes on and it is finished it may stand out a bit more. Unfortunately, I find it a convenient location for the bank towers but not a "great location" as a residence. To stay at the hotel for a few days on business, great.

Simply fantastic set pics drum118! So many various angles!... gotta say, this tower is getting better and better. From ground level, from afar, things are looking real good. (especially the setback on the north side when viewed from the west (those residential area pics).

the more glass the better... (just look at that south side!!! cannot wait till the whole building is covered in glass!)

Edit. I have a hard time just realizing trump is basically the same height as he ritz. It just proves how trumps location hides it's true height. Even as I type this I can't even believe it! The ritz looks way bigger!

Last edited:
my goodness! How do you guys work up there with such amazing views!?! ^^^
and thanks for the info regarding the corner piece, so i guess this is not the final product, will it look similar though?

Here is view of KPMG being Trumped as of 12 APRIL 2011. Taken from 68th FL of FCP:

207901_10150159144709213_505539212_6807179_4562374_n.jpg

Facing west, Shangri-la-di-da in pink:

207325_10150159144869213_505539212_6807185_3411012_n.jpg

Looking up at Trump from the 11th Fl of 302 Bay St:

205138_10150159144914213_505539212_6807187_4369901_n.jpg

those are some very impressive angles ^^^
i'm falling in love with this density, and boy, trump is going to be huge considering its roof will be a fair amount taller than bay adelaide's roof, and it'll be out of frame in that same shot! wow. the lantern should be pretty stunning from that high up considering how close it'll be! you'll be seeing all the detail in the onion dome which i find awesome for some reason,
i'm too used to seeing the onion dome from afar in the renders! wonder what it'll look like close up and in real life,
i also love how trump's curtainwall looks in that last shot, nice looking buildings for sure,

What the hell was wrong with the architect who designed this thing? Did he quit near the end of the job and some low-level intern doing a co-op from college at the architectural firm, just finished it off, without looking at the details?

The lower floors of the South facade are as much as a mishmash as the ones on the East Facade. These are the floors that are most visible when standing at King and Bay or walking up the West side of Bay. Yes, we all know it is just a parking garage behind this banal, beige granite monstrosity, but with all the so-called "high-end" finishes the developers are bragging about, have they not heard of faux windows? Or at least some coordinating darker granite colour? They managed to place some fake glass on parts of the mechanical floors 35 floors up, where no pedestrian will see them, but miss all these punch-outs on the South and East walls.

My inner designer is almost apoplectic at all the incongruencies of Trump.

(Image by drum118 found above ^^^^ )

Last edited:
The building looks like it was designed in 1985. Even more so when they put the onion on top. The thing I really don't is the varied floor height differences. It looks cheap. Perhaps the building will match the cheesiness of trumps hair.

Just received the email today from Trump Panama, their rental program is starting at approx $3000 per month, most likely see double that here in Toronto, maybe more! For those who are interested.....

What the hell was wrong with the architect who designed this thing? Did he quit near the end of the job and some low-level intern doing a co-op from college at the architectural firm, just finished it off, without looking at the details?

The lower floors of the South facade are as much as a mishmash as the ones on the East Facade. These are the floors that are most visible when standing at King and Bay or walking up the West side of Bay. Yes, we all know it is just a parking garage behind this banal, beige granite monstrosity, but with all the so-called "high-end" finishes the developers are bragging about, have they not heard of faux windows? Or at least some coordinating darker granite colour? They managed to place some fake glass on parts of the mechanical floors 35 floors up, where no pedestrian will see them, but miss all these punch-outs on the South and East walls.

My inner designer is almost apoplectic at all the incongruencies of Trump.

(Image by drum118 found above ^^^^ )

Definitely agree with your thoughts...I still can't believe nothing has been done (or likely will be done) with these two sides...and for some reason I don't think I realized that the south side was also as bad as the east side! This tower is by far the worst of the four towers (RC, SL and FS); I don't care that it's not done yet, I'm still mad. I hope they do something about this but I doubt it. Only in Toronto would builders be able to get away with this. What should be done is that the developer/builder should be fined upwards of $1M and be told to fix this by the city...this will teach all developers in this city a lesson on not to make things even more fu**ked up than they already are in this city (I'm not going to list those things here).

I almost feel that our construction boom should come to an end or at least a dramatic slow-down just so the quality of our buildings improve (in terms of external aesthetics and how the buildings 'meet/connect' with the city). Enough of the boxy, poorly planned, grey spandrel towers (virtually all buildings fit at least one of these criteria)!!!!

Thank God this horrid tower will be the least visible of all the four 5-star hotels but unfortunately, it's also closest to King & Bay! :(

Does everyone remember the early Simpsons episode when Homer discovers he has a brother (voiced by Danny DeVito) and his brother Herb allows Homer free reign to design a car for his company? Does everyone remember what Herb sounded like when they finally revealed the hideous monstrosity dubbed The Homer?

That is how Trump will sound when he shows up for the Grand Opening of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvn9k8dnhjI

;)

The building looks like it was designed in 1985. Even more so when they put the onion on top. The thing I really don't is the varied floor height differences. It looks cheap. Perhaps the building will match the cheesiness of trumps hair.

toronto doesn't have anything like this yet, (onion dome + spire combo), at least not to this scale, i think it's a fun addition to the core, :D

Back