This is very off topic, but incase you guys are interested, here is the Trump Tower model i just completed... It's nowhere near perfect (I know WopChop will find all the mistakes/imperfections in the model :p), but i think it looks close enough to be identified as "trump tower" :)

6060589898_43a14cc2b8_z.jpg

6060593470_f9ec6d44b3_z.jpg

6060041195_d5fefc0b75_z.jpg

More photos in the link below:
http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/16000-steveve-s-Toronto-city-model/page11

That's awesome! I'm curious how the inside will be finished with the steel on levels 50-53 for example.

Holy awesome!
I had no idea the spire would go right through multiple floors!!!

Quick question: I am really confused as to how the suite layouts are gonna work then.... With that massive spire steel anchored right in the corner, will residents of those floors lose the true "corner view"? And how will they hide it? With drywall. or make it disguised as a pillar?

It's looking like Trump will have one of the most distinctive rooflines in the skyline. I wonder how it would have looked had it been a full dome centered on the building?

will the spire be installed first, then followed by the onion dome being installed around it? or vise versa?

This is the base on L50;
IMG_7169.jpg

Quick question: I am really confused as to how the suite layouts are gonna work then.... With that massive spire steel anchored right in the corner, will residents of those floors lose the true "corner view"? And how will they hide it? With drywall. or make it disguised as a pillar?

Yes I'm curious as well, and particularly on level 50 in the image above...with that huge diagonal piece of steel sitting right on the floor between the two pillars. It's effectively cutting off that corner from the rest of unit. How is this space most likely going to be finished?

Taken yesterday.

skyline-20-08-2011-2.jpg

sweet pic!... like someone else noticed earlier, what's up with that red crane atop Bay Adelaide West?

and also, for a second there i thought there was some sorta pattern in Trump's cladding, when, in reality, it's just the shadow of First Canadian Place lol!

Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is with that little derrick crane atop Bay-Adelaide. It's definitely hoisting something, but my viewpoint from Trump, of what exactly, is obstructed by the box ontop of Bay-Adelaide.

As for how they'll finish it? Not positive. I don't deal with finishes :p

Last edited:
WOW!!!! Stunning pic update guys!!! This tower is getting better by the day! So many haters knocked this thing for so long but this tower is turing into a GREAT addition to our Skyline.

Yes I'm curious as well, and particularly on level 50 in the image above...with that huge diagonal piece of steel sitting right on the floor between the two pillars. It's effectively cutting off that corner from the rest of unit. How is this space most likely going to be finished?

The floor plan for this unit on level 50 doesn't show this steel. I wonder if the steel is temporary? If not it really messes up the floor plan.

http://www.trumptoronto.ca/media/plans/residences/2010/TRUMPTO_Res_A_01.pdf

Oh, I didn't realize there'd be bands of stainless running up either side of the light feature. That might actually look really good

Back