I read that his units are going for about $1000 sq/ft. Is this true? Wow, why is it so expensive? Is it because it has his name on it? That's ridiculous! Uh Trump "you're fired".

OK, so it will stand at only 57 floors, but still be the highest residential building in Canada.
What is the new official height in metres be? How does this compare to Scotia Tower and FCP?

So at 280m and 59 floors (57 + 2 mechanical), that is about 4.75m per floor, or roughly 15.5 feet per floor. Those are pretty high ceilings.
Even with the penthouse at 9m ceiling, that is still well over 15 foot ceilings for each floor.

So at 280m and 59 floors (57 + 2 mechanical), that is about 4.75m per floor, or roughly 15.5 feet per floor. Those are pretty high ceilings.
Even with the penthouse at 9m ceiling, that is still well over 15 foot ceilings for each floor.

can't live inside a flagpole (I know ... I've tried)

But it was at least a pretty big flagpole you tried to live in? 'Cause most are pretty obviously out of the running without even having to try...

But 280m includes the spire and the quarter-onion. It looks like the actual height of the 'real' roof over the inhabited floors is about 230m, roughly midway between Commerce Court West and the TD Tower.

This would give an average 'ceiling-to-next-ceiling' distance of a bit less than 3.9m or 12.8 feet, so I would guess an actual average floor-to-ceiling height of slightly over 12 feet.

Bill

May or may not be news to this group but according to the City of Toronto Building Application Status for 311 Bay Street:

Application # 07 238427 DEM 00 DM
Project: Retail Store Demolition
Description: Demolish 2-storey sales centre and parking kiosk.

Application # 07 185757 SHO 00 PP
Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Shoring
Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct a 59 sty hotel, condo, office, & commercial tower with below grade storage and loading. "Trump Tower". 118 new residential units.

Also the permit for a 'New Building' is 'Under Review' While the permit for the 'Foundation' has a status of 'Not Started'.

It appears as though they have (or will soon have) the necessary permits to demolish the sales office and dig the hole. The announced 'ground breaking' is looking very likely.

It seems like such a waste of energy, resources, building products etc., to build a Sales-office and then two years later, tear it all down. Why not occupy a pre-built space for two, three or however many years? Or build something which could be used afterwards. Bloody waste..and its very irritating.

At least they managed to building something during the last 5 years- albeit a Sales-Centre, but hey..

------------

p5

It seems like such a waste of energy, resources, building products etc., to build a Sales-office and then two years later, tear it all down. Why not occupy a pre-built space for two, three or however many years? Or build something which could be used afterwards. Bloody waste..and its very irritating.

------------

p5

A waste? It's hardly that. Spending a few bucks to build a nice sales centre to market a high quality project like this makes all the sense in the world. I can't imagine doing it any other way.

Just out of curiosity, why do you find it irritating?

Many developers spend millions of dollars designing, building and furnishing their sales centres and model suites. I'd hazard a guess that Trump's has come close to outlasting most sales centres in the city. Most downtown sales centres rarely last more than a year in this market.

Shangri-La did not build a sales centre, they leased out space in the neighbouring office building. I don't even know where the sales centre was for the L Tower, but there certainly did not build one. The former is on the same level as Trump in terms of offerings to buyers. The latter not so much but still near the top compared to the rest of the condos in the vicinity.

Application # 07 238427 DEM 00 DM
Project: Retail Store Demolition
Description: Demolish 2-storey sales centre and parking kiosk.

Application # 07 185757 SHO 00 PP
Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Shoring
Description: Part Permit - Proposal to construct a 59 sty hotel, condo, office, & commercial tower with below grade storage and loading. "Trump Tower". 118 new residential units.

The long wait for Trump is finally coming to an end. This is great news.

Back