So, with the Adelaide building is under construction...are they going to block another lane??? Where are people going to walk?

It irritates me because we all seem to think its fine that there is so much waste- While it might make sense to the developer and the customers purchasing the units, it doesn't make sense to me. I think it is a waste of perfectly good building materials, which in essence could be used for something permananent-

Not to lecture or play self-righteous, but those building materials are not reused- they are trashed- if that doesn't sound like a waste..

I could care less if the developer spends $100 million on their sales centre, it doesn't make it any better or right.

p5

It irritates me because we all seem to think its fine that there is so much waste- While it might make sense to the developer and the customers purchasing the units, it doesn't make sense to me. I think it is a waste of perfectly good building materials, which in essence could be used for something else.

I could care less if the developer spends $100 million on their sales centre, it doesn't make it any better or right.

p5

I'm certain a majority of the materials of the sales centre will be recycled. (i.e glass, floors, heating/cooling systems, wireing, lighting & fixtures, furniture..etc etc, )

It's not the new avatar itself I like, it's the contrast between them. Conrad and Hugo: he's sporting ONE of them ironically. But which?

It irritates me because we all seem to think its fine that there is so much waste

p5

I don't understand how this is wasted. First of all, I think most of the materials will be reused. But even if they are not, that doesn't look like waste to me. Waste is when you dispose of a thing without extracting utility from it; this sales centre provided more utility to the developer than anything I will ever own by a long shot.

actually, i would have to say that you are wrong. say we take a brick, or say some of the materials located within or comprising the trump sales centre.It is waste unless the material is used to its full potential. Which in this case you say is for the construction and deconstruction of the trump sales centre. But what is a materials full potential? it is when a material is returned to its begining state by means of its use.

or maybe im just rambling on cause im stoned

We are a wasteful, consumer capitalist society.
I don't like all the chemicals going into my lungs when I walk or cycle to my destination because I choose not to own a car. I don't like cheap (often unsafe) foreign made products on shelves everywhere putting millions of Canadians & Americans out of work, I don't like all of the unnecessary packaging containing things that I purchase, I don't like paying 55% of what I earn go to taxes and find my city in a fiscal crisis which has to cut services because of downloading...

end rant here

say we take a brick, or say some of the materials located within or comprising the trump sales centre.It is waste unless the material is used to its full potential.

How do you use a thing to its full potential? What does that even mean? How can we decide that a brick was underused in that sales centre but not in the building of my home?

The sales centre is no different from any other use of materials: materials were used for one thing that could have been used for any number of other things. So how do we even know when a thing has been wasted? I think the term 'waste' is often thrown around to describe things we just don't like. Rich people are wasteful because I'm forced to get by on less.

We are a wasteful, consumer capitalist society.
I don't like all the chemicals going into my lungs when I walk or cycle to my destination because I choose not to own a car. I don't like cheap (often unsafe) foreign made products on shelves everywhere putting millions of Canadians & Americans out of work, I don't like all of the unnecessary packaging containing things that I purchase, I don't like paying 55% of what I earn go to taxes and find my city in a fiscal crisis which has to cut services because of downloading...

end rant here

With the possible exception of excess packaging, none of the things you just listed constitutes waste.

Back