but the thing is, I don't think Toronto has a distinct style.. it's more like an American city rip off if you ask me,

BTW Wopchop (or whoever knows this)... when is the big fin on the Adelaide side coming up??? the big upper fin on the bay street sign has been up for like 6 months!

First of all, America is all of North and South America, not just the US.
Second, have you looked at many US city skylines? They are full of POMO! You constantly talk about us looking like Manhattan. If you love Manhattan so much, go live there. Toronto definitely has a unique skyline. From our boxy buildings, to our CN Tower and Rogers Centre. And what a skyline it is!

He's not a dunce. Zeidler has given Toronto a number of important buildings that are influential in the larger world of design, and we should show some compassion - this is no way for a man of his talent to wind down a stellar career. I think what'll happen, with time, is that his association with this building will be conveniently glossed over when his oeuvre is discussed, out of respect for his wider contribution to design culture.

I still think the original render and scale model were decent (better massing and flow), though if had been executed in the same materials as this it still would have been a lost cause. I think the greatest failing of this whole development was when its proportions were chopped down to what we see here. Who knows if Zeidler actually came up with the revised design himself or if the hack job was passed along to some junior member of his firm...

City style??

Well first off, only Chicago and New York, can really make ant sort of claim, to any school of tower?? ...and those definitions, are very much a pre war zoning and regulation issue, as much as a city wide school of design.

Skylines are defined by an international school, defined by eras of style and design! Moderns in Chicago dont differ from moderns in Toronto, neo classics in MPLS, arent any different, than neo classics in New York, every skyline can be dated by its eras of growth, in relation to schools of design, ..............KC and Det, are very much dominated by their depression era towers, ............while Philly and Pittsburgh, have experienced booms in the era of Post Modern and Neo Classic. Los Angeles is strictly a product of post war, modernism and post modernism, these eras are not defined by geography but rather time!!
Toronto has more flavor and skyline than any place in NA other than NY and Chi!! Wish we had a couple more classics!!!!

BLOW up BRUTALSIM!!!!

Toronto has more flavor and skyline than any place in NA other than NY and Chi!! Wish we had a couple more classics!!!!

i agree... but it is a big drop off from 2nd to 3rd place, but Toronto is a big jump from whoever's 4th place.. Toronto is that odd child

who needs a TV with views like these?

6471940803_aa5b602a27_b.jpg

Skylines?>>>>>

Every skyline in the worls owes a huge debt to NY and CHi., especially NY, every comic strip and cartoon and" Blade Runner" skyline captures and borrows from NY.. I do think Toronto has a big NY influence, but more the Midtown area, and from a distance it can look like Chicago.... But as far as pre war Wall st goes, NOBODY anywhere can impersonate that!!!!
Wall st in 1933, is a greater skyline than every city in NA america today, except the big three... Compare 1933 Wall st, to St Louis 2012 ??? Its not even close.
The only thing Toronto is missing, is a couple classic era Art Deco towers....... but we will have to settle for inornate replicas and pomo rehash...... Those days are gone forever... Much like the cars of the 30's will never be built again, neither will those towers...

Last edited by a moderator:
who needs a TV with views like these?

How the hell do you do it? How the hell do you get to places like this without killing yourself or getting arrested? You and ZenLens and other urban explorer superheroes capture the most extraordinary images .... any where. Phenomenal stuff. BTW I know the answer to my first question: you ain't sayin' nutin'.

Bravo.

love the ladder in that pic - it really shows you the scale of the onion dome....fantastic shot!

HOLY SHEEEEEEET!!!!!!

WOW! that is such a powerful pic!... makes me wonder why they have to close off the roof of the master bedroom below!!! The value of this property would AT LEAST increase by 1 million if they include a feature like this... this is rare, unique, and beautiful.

what is this space gonna be used for again??? aside from being tomms crib.

EDIT!:

LOL! Checked out the homepage... I'm officially a "massive fan" of Trump Toronto LOOOL!!! EPIC!... i'm a legend.. i told ya'll

Last edited:
Seriously? That's going to be someone's bedroom?! That's incredible! Wow, I mean, that view is not only awe inspiring, but that frame with all the metal adds such a nice flair to it. Plus that much sunlight would be so nice in the afternoon! Wow, I am so jealous. I'm assuming they'll cover that roof up then. But wait, so does that mean the whole city will be able to see into that person's room? Unless they use tinted glass, but even still, with the lights on it would be visible...

Anyway that is an amazing place to live, and i seriously hope that person appreciates it for what it is, an amazing once in a century space.

The dome is not the bedroom. It's under the dome, where the ladder is coming from.

Back