Sometimes I wish that Trump Toronto would have simply ripped off Trump World Tower in New York: a tall black rectangular box, simple and consistent.

Yea...the only two Trump buildings I actually like are that (isn't it actually bronze?) and the original Trump Tower at 725 Fifth, in all it's early 80's garish fabulousness.

Yup, that would have been much better as well - particularly with the little tree garden thingy hanging over the corner of Bay and Adelaide.

Trump Tower Chicago is actually not too bad, either. It isn't "great" architecture, but it's consistent all the way through, makes use of the fact that it's a view terminus from the west (along the River) and it is unabashedly unafraid of its height. It isn't a building that needs to hide (unlike ours).

April 5, 2012 from Queen's Quay..

7049056287_0b9d121292_b.jpg

I still think that spire looks like a rectal thermometer. To the point where that should be its nickname: "The Rectal Thermometer".

this isn't a real estate thread.

If you don't have an answer, don't say anything at all. He was simply commenting on something related to the building. If you look back through this thread, there are hundreds of comments related to the sales/marketing/other non architectural aspects of this building.

No, no, that's okay. thedeepend has it in for me for some reason -- check out the Aura thread. I'm not sure if this is his way of hazing me or what. :eek:

Am I really the only one who thinks it looks like a penis?

Can anyone recommend a good Freudian analyst then?

Last edited by a moderator:

Back