Interesting that the Toronto Star was denied entry to the gala opening. Perhaps because of their negative coverage of unhappy investors, or the pan of the Trump's restaurants?

Or because Hizzoner was in attendance?

Yeah no kidding The Star wasn't invited. That newspaper is rapidly turning into a "pinko" tabloid rag. Their biased reporting is appalling.

J.P. looking good.

1334146733450_ORIGINAL.jpg

There is still a missing teal-coloured glass panel about 10-11 storeys up on the Bay side, and the hole looks much like particleboard from my perspective. I'm really surprised they didn't fix that at least for the Grand Opening. I understand this is still a construction site, but...ugh.

Yeah no kidding The Star wasn't invited. That newspaper is rapidly turning into a "pinko" tabloid rag. Their biased reporting is appalling.

Leftist, I'll buy. The Star has always been a left-wing paper.

But they have a long way down to go to reach the depths at which the Sun dwells, where they're biased, the journalistic standards are pathetic--and they're proud of it.

There is still a missing teal-coloured glass panel about 10-11 storeys up on the Bay side, and the hole looks much like particleboard from my perspective. I'm really surprised they didn't fix that at least for the Grand Opening. I understand this is still a construction site, but...ugh.

I too am feeling a tad impatient to see these panels finished, but I can't begin to imagine the complexities of a project like this.

It does look some more of the windows (on the east side at least) were cleaned for the opening.

Without a BMU, replacing one glass unit can take 2 - 3 days. During construction, this is nearly impossible, as you constantly end up in the way of the structural crew, and your own curtain walling crew. So, lots of units on lower portions of the tower get left for months and months and months. Typically they are left until the BMU is available, as using it provides the most cost-efficient way to replace broken units.

So ... yeah, that's why.

Back