I think people should compare Trump to all the large crapy buildings in Toronto and then judge because Toronto doesn't have a lot of nice buildings like in Chicago or New York. Everyone commenting negatively on Trump Toronto think they live in New York or something. :cool:

I am not quite sure what is taking so long to complete this building (or at least the exterior and the top).

As viewed from Pure Spirits tower in the Distillery on June 23, 2012:

IMG_4306.jpg

is the top of the "onion" going to be covered in something other then blue? the renders/all of them suggest a black covering.

I think people should compare Trump to all the large crapy buildings in Toronto and then judge because Toronto doesn't have a lot of nice buildings like in Chicago or New York. Everyone commenting negatively on Trump Toronto think they live in New York or something. :cool:

With that kind of reasoning we'll never see a culture of good architecture in Toronto.

Thanks, U. Shocker, I always appreciate the art history education I get from you, even when (occasionally) I have no clue what you're talking about. I didn't know these were by York Wilson.

BellCanadaRonaldYorkWilson.jpg

... and the white marble on that building's holding up better than it did on the later FCP.

Muffin!

Believe it or not I don't think this is the worst thing ever built in mankind (like many people on here make it seem). You're just being a drama queen.

I'm expressing an opinion - one that is hardly dramatic. Suggesting some sort of a comparison to all the buildings of "mankind" is by far a more excessive act of drama.

Funny: seems to me there are plenty of discerning New Yorkers that have commented negatively on the gaudy glitz of the original Trump Tower over the past three decades...

In my experience there are a few discerning New Yorkers who are secure enough to enjoy a little Trump kitschiness too.

Light strip was on and cycling through colours when I stepped out of my office about 1 pm this afternoon.

I have to say I'm surprised how long the scaffolding a few floors up has stuck around.

Back