Fantastic shot. Totally belongs in a tourist book for Canada, on the page that has a brief blurb about the 'Financial District.'

FCP looks fantastic in that shot (something that two years ago would have seemed impossible). Trump, on the other hand, is a dump: it seems to have been erected by the gang that couldn't shoot straight, and is proving to be, in its completed form, an embarrassment to this city.

why is the trump tower a 4 star??? who ever gave this a 4 star on urbantoronto.ca is going to look like a idiot later especially when so many other crappy buildings are rated 5 star and Trump is going to one of the best buildings in the city. Not that i like it. :cool:

Trump may not be everyone's cup of tea but it is hardly an embarrassment to the city. I think this building has many supporters on both sides (fans/foes) which is evident since this thread has stretched out to over 600 pages. It has sparked more debate than any other building in the city in this boom.

I don't mind the building at all. I wish the colour of the cladding was deep blue or grey rather than the green but it doesn't ruin the entire project imo.

Today:

mNbZF.jpg

Trump may not be everyone's cup of tea but it is hardly an embarrassment to the city. I think this building has many supporters on both sides (fans/foes) which is evident since this thread has stretched out to over 600 pages. It has sparked more debate than any other building in the city in this boom.

I don't mind the building at all. I wish the colour of the cladding was deep blue or grey rather than the green but it doesn't ruin the entire project imo.

People exaggerate how "bad" a building is when the general consensus is negative. If this were built any other time than a boom, not many people would be complaining about it. It's popular to bash Trump.

trump toronto is proof that people do whats popular rather than whats right. I always do what i think is right. If trump is an embarrassment to the city than 99% of all the buildings in toronto are an embarrassment. :cool:

Yeah, I tend to think that if it looked exactly the same but was named the Rogers Tower or 10 Maple Leaf Place that opinions might be different.

Someone mentioned they were re-doing the sidewalks, is that confirmed ?

yes. people are overly harsh on this building. many have a dual-standard when it comes to Trump. perhaps if it didn't have the name "Trump" in the building, or perhaps if this went up a bit faster, thus not building as much anticipation/high expectations.

personally, 3 out of 4 sides of this building (the fourth being the south side) are better than the North/South sides of the Ritz imo.
The Ritz's north/south sides are just dull.

Back