I don't doubt the impact Trump (Donald) has had on peoples perception of the hotel and why some have chosen to avoid it, I'm suggesting that the factors that have impacted the property outside of the Trump brand (location, venues, etc...), will still face the new operators of the St. Regis, and are tied to the building itself. Rebranding will help the hotels reputation, occupancy (member of the Starwood/Marriott/Ritz family), but by what measure remains to be seen. I don't think it will ever be as popular a spot as the Ritz, Shangri-la, and Four Seasons during TIFF or outside TIFF. The financial district is still a 'dead-zone' at night if stacked up to neighbourhoods like the Entertainment District in which TIFF thrives upon.

Fair enough. Good points.

The strengths and weaknesses of the brand aside, I see this morning that the brand is actually disappearing from the Adelaide frontage at street level.

The Trump name is off the awning. Of the signs hanging down from the awning (which I was never convinced were approved in accordance with the sign by-law), half (the white ones) now say "Starwood Preferred Guest", while the remainder still have the Trump logo. I guess the mix of the two reflects the transition from Trump to Adelaide Hotel.

The street level signage is coming off the building formerly known as Trump Tower Toronto.

IMG_5489.JPG
IMG_5494.JPG
IMG_5496.JPG
IMG_5497.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5489.JPG
    IMG_5489.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 697
  • IMG_5494.JPG
    IMG_5494.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 695
  • IMG_5496.JPG
    IMG_5496.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 761
  • IMG_5497.JPG
    IMG_5497.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 676
The street level signage is coming off the building formerly known as Trump Tower Toronto.

View attachment 116032 View attachment 116033 View attachment 116034 View attachment 116035

It's official now!

It'll be hard to not grimace at the sight of this building anymore. It's become an innate reaction. A street level redesign and St. Regis signage will help erase the memory of what this building once was.

I hope that they're going for a radical change of the port cochère and perhaps introducing a canopy instead of the iron framing that is too reminiscent of the old brand.

ST.REGIS_HOTEL_OSAKA_ENTRANCE.JPG

Thread title provisionally changed. Database file to be changed once it's officially the St. Regis.

Thread title provisionally changed. Database file to be changed once it's officially the St. Regis.

My not just call it the St. Regis now if that is the confirmed branding? The thread was titled "Trump" while it was still just a hole in the ground.

Back