Ugh lol?, whats so awful about Trump hotels, they seem pretty successful everywhere else in the world

Would you stay at a Hitler hotel if the service was top notch and it was pretty successful among the Aryan nations of this world?

Note: This is just an extreme example to make a point.

Oh please get over it:rolleyes:

"Get over it?"

The brand is the man. Putting aside how he wallowed in the racism of the birther movement, continuously exhibits leering and sexist behaviour, and the hateful policies, now he's appointed John K Bush of Kentucky to the federal appeals court, a man who has referred to gay men as "faggots" in speeches and bemoans the decriminalization of "sodomy".

Sorry if some of us are still bothered by the homophobia, racism, sexism, etc., and are reluctant to "get over it", your use of emojis notwithstanding.

Please focus on the building and not Trump. If not, create a thread to talk about him

The branding, and the issues surrounding, are an inseparable aspect of this building and its history, particularly as the a lot of money was paid to get rid of the Trump branding and it is in the process of being erased. Nobody is getting into a detailed discussion of Trump. The discussion above is about whether the removal of the Trump brand matters.

The branding, and the issues surrounding, are an inseparable aspect of this building and its history, particularly as the a lot of money was paid to get rid of the Trump branding and it is in the process of being erased. Nobody is getting into a detailed discussion of Trump. The discussion above is about whether the removal of the Trump brand matters.

Seriously, the way some people on this forum view development it's as if buildings spring out of the ground like plants from dirt. Everything is political and social but if people want to pretend that isn't the case normally it's at least possible to pretend. How can anyone pretend Donald Trump the President has no bearing whatsoever on a Donald Trump branded hotel? I mean, Talon had run this building into the ground before Trump became president but I doubt things got better when Trump Tower became an easy point to protest Donald Trump. His actions and views are totally relevant.

@Automation Gallery isn't wrong in isolating the quality and level of service found at most Trump properties. Most people whom have stayed at one of their hotels will understand this, as with other competing 5 star brands. The hotels and services provided by the brand, and operations, has not changed, pre-election or otherwise.

I do however, understand the impact Trump has had on the brand name itself, as far as brand association is concerned. From a business perspective, the decision has been made made to separate ties to the brand, to which they are completely entitled as the new owners of the building.

My biggest question relates to the residential units themselves, and whether or not the rebranding of the property and new ownership will truly help the sale of the remaining units (which seemed to be the main reason behind the Talon sale). I'm sure there were other factors as to why the units in the building didn't sell, considering units went on sale long before Trump was actively involved in politics, and the building itself opened way back in 2012. I'm curious to see where it goes from here...

The suites here are really nice, with spacious rooms, engaging views (you need to like the intimate urban look though: wide-open is not the case here, but there are a million things to watch outside the windows), high quality finishes, the pool area is gorgeous, the hotel amenities are incredibly convenient, and if you want to be central, you can't beat the location.

Not everyone wants to be that central though, and some will want more greenery nearby, while others won't want the monthly maintenance costs or the high property tax bill.

The building's attributes not for everybody, but they will be great for some. From those who want what's on offer here, there will be a sizeable percentage who won't want any association with Trump. I don't know what that percentage is, but it's enough that Talon has failed to make a condo sale in a couple of years. That's also proof enough that the Trump name was, at minimum, of no help to selling here recently. In the end, it remains to be seen how quickly the suites sell under the new ownership and branding… but there's no way sales can get worse.

Ugh lol?, whats so awful about Trump hotels, they seem pretty successful everywhere else in the world

What's wrong, in Toronto at least, is their nightly rate was about 50% of the Four Seasons despite a similar sized investment, operating expenses, and 25% larger rooms.

I don't know why potential customers were avoiding the hotel but it's pretty clear it was choice #4 of 4 options (Four Seasons, Ritz, and Shangri-La all have higher revenue /sqft). Rebranding and swapping out management is a quick fix for new owners to put into place; it's much harder to change the location of the building or subdivide rooms to reduce the category.

Last edited:
St Regis will be a welcome addition to Toronto. But i will say some of the best hotels i ever stayed at were Trump Hotels. Service and room quality was right up there with Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons. I don't like Trump or agree with his bigoted views but i wouldn't hesitate staying at a Trump Hotel. Same with Marriott Hotels. That chain is owned by a Mormon family who funded anti-gay marriage bills and are big Republican supporters. Again i don't agree with their religious or political views but it doesn't stop me from staying at their hotels.

Last edited:

Back