This example is not that big a deal, but look at how Petronas was declared the "World's Tallest Building", despite being clearly shorter than Sears. The reason was that its spire counted towards its height, while the antenna atop Sears did not. For another example, look at FCP (whose antenna does not count towards its official height) versus the Emirates Hotel Tower in Dubai (whose spire does count):

Comparison.jpg

Bill

And who cares, other than those self appointed tall buidling measurers at some rural midwest college?

The rendering on site looked worse to me. It was like someone stepped on it and it only sprung back part of the way up all mangled.

Anyway, the tent was up and there were workers around the site prepping things for the big disappointment tomorrow.

Please ignore the rendering on the site. It's not an official rendering by any means!! It's just a rough achitectural rendering... and the perspective is off.

It says on the site that they're currently updating and will relaunch soon. I wonder if you didn't notice the small text, or if trumptoronto got on it :)

Looks great! I like the spire... it's nice to have something different looking in the core. Every building in/around the CBD just has a flat top... I think this will be a great addition.

Will be nice to finally see this thing get underway.

Shhh!!! They'll put you on their list*!

*if they can ever agree on what list to put you on, that is. Do they measure archi-heresy to your hairline or your hatline?

Their lists rank below Mr. Blackwell's - at least his had a vague connection to design. And those size queens don't have a ruler long enough to take the measure of this man.

The moment a shovel hits the ground for this project, an official representative of this board should give TrumpToronto some kind of reward for persistance in the face of extreme snark and skepticism.

But not a moment before.

Like all projects, the rendering is always a suggestion - at best. We may have to wait a while to see what the actual exterior looks like. This will provide much opportunity to speculate about how great or how lousy it will look (with every possible gradiation inbetween).

And it will provide a spell for RPM to generate a sense of humour, and to reduce the excess sensitivity to Donald hair remarks.

This thread has many pages to go. Let the games begin!

The moment a shovel hits the ground for this project, an official representative of this board should give TrumpToronto some kind of reward for persistance in the face of extreme snark and skepticism.

Very true. I am behind much of that skepticism (of course, they had to shrink the building to get it off the ground even now, but its still going up and its still quite big).

It will be interesting to see the level of quality put into the building and how it ultimately turns out (and whether it is a success and captures the city's attention with its restaurants and services).

Back