by me

sany1458.jpg

I sold something on Craigslist today, guy turned out to be a glazier who just started last week at Trump Toronto. Told him I would like to see something other than concrete at this site. He said any day now...

Workers are making final inspections and getting ready to pour the floor on the western side of the next floor. The last pour for the western side of a floor was Friday November 27, so, if they do the pour this afternoon, we will be on a 6 business day cycle for floor construction. As they get more adept with the standard template hotel suite floor, I believe this could drop to a 5 business day cycle.

Last edited:
did william conway stand in my footprints.. when you first look at the concrete frame of the tower you think pure disaster... but then with its hieght will come more normal and sleek lines pointing skyward, the blackstone cladding should minimize the above ground parking here.. and in a perfect world the unknowing wouldnt suspect it, anyways... reminds me it might be time for a cladding check here..

Isn't above-ground parking common in Chicago highrises? There are very few of them in T.O. as far as I can tell and one here will not be tragic, particularly if the cladding is superior.

Isn't above-ground parking common in Chicago highrises? There are very few of them in T.O. as far as I can tell and one here will not be tragic, particularly if the cladding is superior.

I think it's only common among the towers on the waters edge.

Someone did post that cladding is coming any day now.

Didn't the Hudson's Bay on Queen (Old Simpson Store) use a tarp that was printed with the image of the old building underneath, while it was being refurbished? This gave the illusion that you were looking at the building. There's a picture of this somewhere, and I'll try to find it.

Couldn't Trump please do the same thing until we get cladding? Right now I'm waiting for the guns to start poking out of their turrets on this bunker! LOL

:D

Didn't the Hudson's Bay on Queen (Old Simpson Store) use a tarp that was printed with the image of the old building underneath, while it was being refurbished? This gave the illusion that you were looking at the building. There's a picture of this somewhere, and I'll try to find it.

Couldn't Trump please do the same thing until we get cladding? Right now I'm waiting for the guns to start poking out of their turrets on this bunker! LOL

:D

The Bay did, that made for a very pleasant looking restoration while the work was being completed plus it likely protected the workers from the elements. Trump will get it's cladding in good time,. Patience :)

Workers took a "snow day" yesterday and nothing got done on the top level. They are back in full force today and making good progress - I predict that they will pour the eastern side of the floor tomorrow morning.

Back