Here are a couple screenshots from the Trump Tower website of the detailing at the base.

4207722856_fc94d5c9cc_o.jpg

4207723096_e81e0dae9a_o.jpg

You can see the detailing in the granite in the pictures. I also noticed the use of I beams as ornamentation (similar to the TD Center).

Here are a couple screenshots from the Trump Tower website of the detailing at the base.

You can see the detailing in the granite in the pictures. I also noticed the use of I beams as ornamentation (similar to the TD Center).

I love the hideously rusted light standards the artist included in his second render. Now that is attention to detail and realism!

LOL

looking at these renderings and thinking back to what I saw tonight I worry that the "green" colour makes this project look cheap, rather then if they had gone for a more timeless neutral colour or even all black

It just might work out

dsc01746i.jpg

I've just now noticed the verticle bands of light along the columns of the base in the rendering posted above. They should nicely match the large band of LED lighting running along the glass spine of the tower. Hope they remain.

I think the green is ok as an accent with the black windows covering most of the building - but green all over this building will look very dated in a few years

I'm pretty sure that green is only going to show up on the bottom third of the building based on the renders.
I think it looks really good next to that granite!
Thanks for the photo.

That's nothing like precast. That's a curtainwall frame, but instead of being clad with glass its clad with stone.

I'm pretty sure that green is only going to show up on the bottom third of the building based on the renders.

The renders of this building are tricky. Sometimes it seems like the green is only going a bit of the way up but other times it looks green at the top. The coloring scheme changes a lot in every drawing. Either way I think this looks very promising so far.

Hmmmm... Seems they have added additional horizontal "feature cuts" to the granite, that isn't represented in the render shown recently. This should add some additional character to the facade at street level.

:)

dsc01746i.jpg

(courtesy Geekaroo)

Back