That sounds like a very Virgo habit--yuck. That`s what cleaning ladies are for!

I`m starting to imagine the tasteless colour combinations Toronto buyers will choose here--red cabinets on a beige background? I`d personally go with a nice green on white, with perhaps large magenta vases etc to add a nice contrasting colour.

Being a cynic, I`m starting to think the builder is really just putting up an expensive future OCADu student dorm.

Last edited:
Agreed. There is very little space to store anything. I just went out and got one of these bathroom stands from Kitchen Stuff Plus. It's 4 tiered, so you can store enough items. You can even find 5 tiered ones. I have found it to be very efficient, if you do have the space for such a stand.

IMG_0249.jpg

Looks like soil samples are happening, as the truck has done several spots over the past few days. Usually this is the first sign of construction looming. These were taken on Wednesday:

2011.04.13%20-%20Studio%20On%20Richmond%20(1).jpg

2011.04.13%20-%20Studio%20On%20Richmond%20(2).jpg

Scaled Model

Previous photos that I forgot about:

2nd Floor Roof Garden between the 2 buildings
IMG_5239.jpg

9th Floor Amenities
IMG_5234.jpg

IMG_5237.jpg

The Tower
Click to Enlarge

2 building project. If you look at the pictures above, you will see there is a hollow plastic towards the right where the 2nd building can be seen going up.

This thread has been quiet:confused:
Anyways...for what its worth from DCN

CONDOMINIUM APARTMENT COMPLEX, COMMERCIAL
Proj: 9092332-8
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON

NEGOTIATED/WORKING DRAWINGS
Studio Condominiums, 199 & 181 Richmond Street West, Duncan St, M5V 1V3
$70,000,000 est

Start: November, 2011 Complete: May, 2013
Note:...Sales have begun. Working drawings are underway. Sub trade pricing will be accepted from an invited list. Further update fall 2011.

Project:..proposed construction of two condominium apartment buildings. Phase One, the 31-storey North tower with 317 units and an 8-storey podium will replace grade level parking lots, and will include an 8,000 square foot gallery and café that will feature the work of OCAD-U graduates. This phase will include 251 underground parking stalls in four levels. Phase two will consist of construction of the South tower; a 41-storey condominium tower with 425 units and 288 underground parking stalls in four levels. The structures will be connected by the below grade parking.
Scope:...412,000 square feet; 41 storeys; 4 storeys below grade; 2 structures; 742 units; parking for 539 cars

Development:..New

http://dcnonl.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?...d8a47374e839&projectid=9092332&region=ontario

Application: Partial Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5V 1V3

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 11 226502 SHO 00 PP Accepted Date: Jun 24, 2011

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res Partial Permit - Shoring

Description: Part Permit - PHASE 1 - Permit to construct new 31 storey building with ground floor community space - 337 residentail units - 485 parking spaces (PHASE 1 and Partial PHASE 2 and visitor parking spaces) - 5 levels below grade parking. - 396 Bicycle parking spaces.

^ Yeah, just read that too. But Tower 2 is being released "soon". I guess they're going to start construction for both towers at the same time.

Back