Toronto Model 07-08-23 Sugar Wharf.png

Sorry to repeat a post: The Quayside/David Adjaye development demonstrates how horrible Sugar Wharf is and how little it contributes to the street level and pedestrian/public experience. If I bought a unit here, I would be very jealous of projects that good. (of course, probably about 80% of the units at Sugar Wharf are probably investor units, so I am not sure the buyers care? 😢)

Some pictures from the Gardiner as a passenger yesterday and the rest from this morning.
_N8A0795.jpeg

_N8A0797.jpeg

I’m not sure why they are keeping or delayed in the removal of that one little wall section to the right.
IMG_5409.jpeg

IMG_5408.jpeg

Assuming this area to the south will be a parking lot or probably the biggest lay-down area in recent downtown construction history. Will it be paid public or for staff parking? What will the accountants and lawyers say?
IMG_5405.jpeg

More pictures in the thumbnails if you click on one picture. (Good or bad idea?)

Attachments

• IMG_5407.jpeg
    IMG_5407.jpeg
    309.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5410.jpeg
    IMG_5410.jpeg
    336.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5412.jpeg
    IMG_5412.jpeg
    261.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5413.jpeg
    IMG_5413.jpeg
    281.5 KB · Views: 48
  • _N8A0796.jpeg
    _N8A0796.jpeg
    239.6 KB · Views: 53
  • _N8A0798.jpeg
    _N8A0798.jpeg
    309.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
"You know, that brown dog looks like the one I've seen picted many times here...

*Glances up to the owner*

...ohhh!" <3

It's a rainy day but it's been a while since I posted the last photo.

IMG_4788.jpeg

One thing that I have noticed is that most days there is a stream of dump trucks being loaded with soil to take away while there is all a stream of dump trucks bringing in topsoil. Anybody know why?

One thing that I have noticed is that most days there is a stream of dump trucks being loaded with soil to take away while there is all a stream of dump trucks bringing in topsoil. Anybody know why?
It's really weird, especially since they arent even fully excavating on the south side of the lot (where the park will be). I've noticed they just go down 4-5 feet and fill it right back up with topsoil.

It's really weird, especially since they arent even fully excavating on the south side of the lot (where the park will be). I've noticed they just go down 4-5 feet and fill it right back up with topsoil.
you have to backfill to create a platform for shoring rigs and just for general site safety.

You rip out the foundation and backfill, it happens all the time on sites.

you have to backfill to create a platform for shoring rigs and just for general site safety.

You rip out the foundation and backfill, it happens all the time on sites.
Thing is though, here they arent fully ripping out the foundation where the park will be located. Is that common practice?

If it was where the actually building is going to be constructed that would make more sense, but in this case I dont get it.

Thing is though, here they arent fully ripping out the foundation where the park will be located. Is that common practice?

If it was where the actually building is going to be constructed that would make more sense, but in this case I dont get it.
Is there a plan to put parking under the park? If so, then this would make sense.

Back