Excellent, In addition, I would like to add some more important spots in that area, the parks surrounding the area, the union station which is under massive renovation, the PATH, the big retail area in one York project...I am sure this area can compete easily with NY times square....I am in love with this area

Walking distance to:
Bars
Harbourfront
Jack Layton ferry terminal
Eatons Centre which will house the biggest Nordstrom in North America
Shuttles to Billy Bishop airport
Train to Pearson airport
ACC
CN Tower
Rogers Centre
Ripleys aquarium
TIFF
Work if you work in financial district
TTC which will easily take you to CNE, bmo fields, china town
Taxi everywhere no matter how late

http://life.nationalpost.com/2014/0...d-park-is-coming-to-a-tiny-part-of-southcore/

Ramp construction will likely begin in 2016, [Stephen Schijns, manager of infrastructure planning at the City’s Transportation Services division] says.

Thank you very much for the update! Some of us were hoping that it was going to be sooner rather than later, but I guess we should be happy that it's happening at all. Will really open up the space.

Sorry to be off topic! Now back to the incessant anti-Toronto, my-city-is-better-than-your-city arguments.

Excellent, In addition, I would like to add some more important spots in that area, the parks surrounding the area, the union station which is under massive renovation, the PATH, the big retail area in one York project...I am sure this area can compete easily with NY times square....I am in love with this area

You are kidding yourselves.
No matter what it is close to, it doesn't change the fact that the building is stuck between two ramps of an expressway, and the only acceptable way of leaving it for somewhere else is to go underground. I don't know how many people actually like, or don't mind the idea of having to go underground every time they need to go somewhere, otherwise, it is chaos in all directions and completely unwalkable, not to mention the lack of any neighbourhood identity.

You are kidding yourselves.
No matter what it is close to, it doesn't change the fact that the building is stuck between two ramps of an expressway, and the only acceptable way of leaving it for somewhere else is to go underground. I don't know how many people actually like, or don't mind the idea of having to go underground every time they need to go somewhere, otherwise, it is chaos in all directions and completely unwalkable, not to mention the lack of any neighbourhood identity.

As mentioned earlier on this page, the offramps will be demolished and replaced with a park before this project is finished.

As mentioned earlier on this page, the offramps will be demolished and replaced with a park before this project is finished.

Is there an illustration of what will be removed and what will stay? like before and after rendering?
It will still be just beside the expressway, so will the park, right? It will definitely a big improved for the area, but I have a hard time imaging it to be an acceptable, not to mention desirable location for a home. You have to see the Gardiner every single day -- hard to bear that...

Is there an illustration of what will be removed and what will stay? like before and after rendering?
It will still be just beside the expressway, so will the park, right? It will definitely a big improved for the area, but I have a hard time imaging it to be an acceptable, not to mention desirable location for a home. You have to see the Gardiner every single day -- hard to bear that...

The park will not be beside the Gardiner. Ten York will stand directly northwest of the park and One York will stand to the north.

urbantoronto-6443-20817.jpg

From this article:http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2012/09...-york-brings-increased-neighbourhood-benefits

Last edited:

Back