Found this render of the base of the old 21 Avenue Road proposal.

21_Ave_Rd_base-render.jpg

edit -- must have posted this image within a few seconds of when Caltrane posted the same image.

Last edited:
I see the resemblance now! That was a great design, one of my favs from back in the day. Definitely brings back nostalgic memories of what could have been for the old FS site. If this is indeed aA, then I'm glad to see this sharp design revived for a newer and larger project.

Oh man I hope this is an aA project. It's a HUGE project and I think they would do a good job with it.

And PLEASE make this be like the old 21 Avenue Road proposal... so glad we lost that. It was such a sleek project. (See rendering Mongo posted and line drawing below:)

formerfourseasonssite2.jpg

Also:

1) Where is that above-ground PATH connection connecting to? Maple Leaf Square? WaterPark Place?

2) Have we ruled out a bus terminal being included in the podium? I remember there were talks of the bus terminal being moved to this site, a few years back.

3) How do you guys know the shape of the towers? (One being like a peanut shaped floorplate, etc. etc... is there an aerial view of the siteplan posted?)

Last edited:
The PATH bridges appear to wrap around the entire development. - Therefore, I would say in my onion there would be a connection to MLS - and Waterpark Place. - via developments at 60 Harbour.

Also:

1) Is the Harbour commission building part of this development? Because I looked on Google Maps a second ago and I can't even imagine how they could fit two point towers and an office block onto just the west side of that parking lot that surrounds that building. They really should post an overhead view of these site plans when they post those development notice boards on properties.

Does this project go all the way to Bay Street or does the property just go from York Street east to the Harbour Commission Building?

2) What's happening to the facade from the old OPP building?

3) Where is that above-ground PATH connection connecting to? Maple Leaf Square? WaterPark Place?

4) Have we ruled out a bus terminal being included in the podium? I remember there were talks of the bus terminal being moved to this site, a few years back.

5) How do you guys know the shape of the towers? (One being like a peanut shaped floorplate, etc. etc... is there an aerial view of the siteplan posted?)

1) It does not include 60 Harbour. That is a separate plot of land. In any case, you can be certain that 60 Harbour would show up in the south elevation if it were a part of this plot.

2) Don't know.

3) The PATH will extend south from MLS over Lake Shore and into this complex, from where it will connect east to 60 Harbour and south to 85 Harbour (WPP III).

4) I would be very surprised if the Coach Terminal were relocated here. Word is that it will be incorporated into the base of the SITQ site east of the Air Canada Centre.

5) Good question. It seems that raclll has some insider knowledge though.

Thanks! So the PATH connection to MLS will go over Lakeshore but under the Gardiner?

Thanks! So the PATH connection to MLS will go over Lakeshore but under the Gardiner?

Yes, there is enough room to pass over Lake Shore traffic (at about 15 feet) and still fit under the Gardiner.

Also, rename thread to 1 York Street

The office tower is likely to have the 90 Harbour address, so both addresses now appear in the thread title.

It does appear to break that monotonous wall of green glass. That alone is a welcome feature. The round structure doesn't show up on a 2D drawing at all.

Back