Actually, the Gardiner should be designated as an historical structure. It is both historically significant and architecturally unique. Far more so than some warehouses or clothier shops.

It definitely needs some more maintenance but I have to admit I really like the Gardiner. It definitely plays a large role in Toronto's character like it or not.

Actually, the Gardiner should be designated as an historical structure..
+1, actually i dont know why its not:confused:

From the City of Toronto website

What makes an individual property important?
Answer A building, structure or site may be considered important for a variety of reasons. It may have architectural value or it may relate to a significant person, an important event in the history of the city or a critical time in the development of one of its neighbourhoods. A building may be well crafted or represent a characteristic of the community. A building does not have to be "old" to be an important heritage property. Many modern buildings and structures such as Roy Thomson Hall and the CN Tower are significant parts of our heritage and are symbols of our city. Nor does a property have to be a grand public building - small cottages, warehouses, industrial structures and bridges are also valuable legacies of the past and deserve to be protected and preserved.

Last edited:
TJX Canada is also looking at the possibility of getting the Target space.

Could an Urban IKEA be an option there? It certainly doesn't satisfy the needs of grocery that Target would have brought it, but there are Sobey's, Longo's, and Loblaw's in the general vacinity. Thoughts?

It definitely needs some more maintenance but I have to admit I really like the Gardiner. It definitely plays a large role in Toronto's character like it or not.

This is why I prefer the costlier replace option for the Gardiner.

Now if only money grew on trees....

This afternoon.

IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_2196.JPG

IMG_2197.JPG

IMG_2199.JPG

IMG_2200.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2195.jpg
    IMG_2195.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,349
  • IMG_2196.JPG
    IMG_2196.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,379
  • IMG_2197.JPG
    IMG_2197.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,355
  • IMG_2199.JPG
    IMG_2199.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,361
  • IMG_2200.JPG
    IMG_2200.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,353
I would like to report a design flaw with the DVP also. In the morning, it is directed right into the sun in certain areas, and going home... can you believe it... the DVP faces the sun again! Definitely a design flaw, and the DVP should be moved to prevent the sun from shining on my car and making me hit the cars in front of me or along side me.

In all seriousness, people just need to be extra cautious when the conditions aren't perfect for driving. It's not a design flaw. Otherwise many other buildings would be flawed, as I regularly get glare from certain angles on other buildings too.

First, I don't appreciate cynical sarcasm, no need for it WHATS so ever, and secondly, it is a legitimate concern, it's the only building with a reflection so bright that's obscured my vision while driving, so it is a concern. As for "extra cautious", unless I'm wearing welding goggles, there's not much that could prevent this from happening. It's a good thing surrounding towers under construction will solve this problem, and in the future, please, if you've nothing relevant to say, hold your tongue, no one needs to hear snarky comments on a serious matter.

I would like to report a design flaw with the DVP also. In the morning, it is directed right into the sun in certain areas, and going home... can you believe it... the DVP faces the sun again! Definitely a design flaw, and the DVP should be moved to prevent the sun from shining on my car and making me hit the cars in front of me or along side me.

Bravo sir, Bravo! Humour is always relevant.

Last edited:
They are working even at minus 20
IMG_5862.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5862.jpg
    IMG_5862.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 930

Back