^thanks for the link AoD.

I notice that document is 10 years old and I wonder if the rules have changed since then because now TCHC officials are telling UT that waiting lists will not be used :confused:

Quote:

"Those interested in this complex can contact Toronto Community Housing at 416-981-RENT. The wait list for regular TCH accommodation will not be used for this complex"

^thanks for the link AoD.

I notice that document is 10 years old and I wonder if the rules have changed since then because now TCHC officials are telling UT that waiting lists will not be used :confused:

Quote:

"Those interested in this complex can contact Toronto Community Housing at 416-981-RENT. The wait list for regular TCH accommodation will not be used for this complex"

Maybe they are just talking about the market rent portion. It's the rent-geared-to-income portion that takes 10 years to get.

I thought that retail was going in here, along Fort York? It doesn't look like retail to me. Those doors just don't look right to me. They don't suit this building at all. Could those just be temporary?

m1520027.jpg

By torontovibe at 2012-03-11
m1520026.jpg

m1520032.jpg

Last edited:
Wow the glass looks extremely green in those pictures. It's weird because it's always looked grey to me.

And yes, those doors are absolutely temporary. There's no question about that!

IIRC, those doors are for "townhouses" on the ground floor....not sure if there is going to be retail but i wouldnt count on it

I don't know who is at fault for this. But there should be retail all along Fort York. Lost opportunity, IMO.

I thought I read on this site, that the city learned its lesson and all new buildings, west of Parade, would have retail along Fort York? I think I was told something like that from Vaughn's office too. It's a huge mistake not to put retail there, especially with the density so high in this area. (not to mention the plan for streetcars along Fort York) It's an obvious place for some serious retail.

I thought that retail was going in here, along Fort York? It doesn't look like retail to me. Those doors just don't look right to me. They don't suit this building at all. Could those just be temporary?

m1520027.jpg

To clear things up:
1) All of the doors are temporary
2) The doors at the top of the stairs lead to townhome units on the second and third floors.
3) The doors between those stairs lead to high-ceilinged ground floor RETAIL units.
4) There will be a large retail unit at the corner of Fort York Blvd. and Dan Leckie Way.
5) Only the Queen's Wharf Road frontage will have residential only.

I hope that allows everyone to rest a little easier!

To clear things up:
1) All of the doors are temporary
2) The doors at the top of the stairs lead to townhome units on the second and third floors.
3) The doors between those stairs lead to high-ceilinged ground floor RETAIL units.
4) There will be a large retail unit at the corner of Fort York Blvd. and Dan Leckie Way.
5) Only the Queen's Wharf Road frontage will have residential only.

I hope that allows everyone to rest a little easier!

Thank you, it most certainly does!

Can anyone explain to me what the funding arrangement for this building was? Is it all TCHC or is concorde footing a large part of the construction costs? s.37?

Can anyone explain to me what the funding arrangement for this building was? Is it all TCHC or is concorde footing a large part of the construction costs? s.37?

as far as i know concord wasnt involved at all

is this TCHC's largest building? it is truly massive for public housing. (and extremely well designed)

TCHC's Tallest: yes Largest: not sure

although the building is massive our public housing system has built larger communities. This tower is top notch though what remains to be seen is how well will it be maintained on taxpayer dollars?

Back