As much as I'd like to think everyone in this world is honest - that's far from the case.

Take one example of the Green P parking lots - despite having a ticket meter, they used to have voluntary payments.
What happened to those? I'm sure they realized no one paid to park. If one can get away without paying (we all know how hard making money is), why would they since there's no enforcement.

The same analogy goes here - not that they are necessarily criminals - they might be dishonest, but the solution here is to have the necessary enforcement's.

On that note, I've known people who have scammed the system. Where they bad people? no. dishonest? yes.
Would I rat them out? no - they are friends of mines. However, if they got caught through proper enforcement that's another thing.

You've got to be kidding me. So, it's a-ok to break the law AND ask for government assistance simultaneously? I've met a few of these types of people (usually, first generation immigrants). They're very scuzzy, and definitely not worthy of any form of public support. In fact, they're criminals, and as such, should be placed in prison.

Oh I totally agree with you. All those Conservative, Senate criminals, should be sent to jail for stealing tax payers money. We need to stop the government assistance, these scuzzy criminals crave. I agree with you, Duffy, Wallin and all the rest of those Conservative, Senate criminals, should be placed in prison. (abolish the Senate!)

Let me just clear what I mean by cash business. Drug sales/trafficking, prostitutes and people living of the proceeds of various illegal activities.
I love it when i show up for work in my commuter car, pay 12 dollars for parking then work all day and see the people I am paying for driving better cars than me (think Cadillac and Mercedes.. no joke), talking on better cell phones, wearing better clothes than I can afford etc.

Dont get me wrong, I have no problem with people that need help. But working at block 32 has really shown me how many people have successfully learnt how to work the system.

^There are plenty of condo towers with a history of attracting the same sort of people. Festival Tower & many ED towers seem to be filled with "high klass hookers" :p Isn't CP controlled by the drug trade?

But I understand your frustration. I used to work with people who lived in TCHC buildings. I walked or cycled to work, they showed up in blinged out cars, $1000 bicycles and kitted in expensive but vulgar designer clothes.

Do tell us more! Interesting to hear and one reason I hesitate to move into such a building.

Last edited:
Let me just clear what I mean by cash business. Drug sales/trafficking, prostitutes and people living of the proceeds of various illegal activities.
I love it when i show up for work in my commuter car, pay 12 dollars for parking then work all day and see the people I am paying for driving better cars than me (think Cadillac and Mercedes.. no joke), talking on better cell phones, wearing better clothes than I can afford etc.

Dont get me wrong, I have no problem with people that need help. But working at block 32 has really shown me how many people have successfully learnt how to work the system.

I hear ya. I feel the same way. So sick of people who work the system, live off the taxes we pay, and cheat the system. As a part of my job, I see a lot of less fortunate people. Most honest poor people don't really benefit from the system. Instead, their place is taken by cheats and lazy leeches. Pathetic. Again, I really don't mind paying taxes if the system is properly used!

Hey keaster i pmd u

Hi, I just inadvertently bumped into this discussion and felt the need to share some information. I recently moved into the building being discussed, while the vast majority of tenants are considered affordable rent or rgi, there is a small percentage of tenant’s whose monthly rent is closer to market. I pay about $2100 for my three bedroom, nearly 1400 sq/ft apartment. I was given the impression more market rent units will be phased in over time, currently there are 10-20. Well that’s what I was told.

Have a good day

Anecdotal information ("I've seen...") being used to trash an entire group and reinforce stereotypes: gotta love the Internet!

I've seen many middle-class and upper-class people "work the system" (legally and illegally) to get all the benefits they can get for them and their children. The difference is that middle class and upper class people do it in largely invisible ways, or in ways that seem sophisticated and classy (it's classier to become rich by dodging taxes and squeezing your employees than selling drugs, for instance). But that's part of the privilege we extend to the middle and upper classes because we want to be part of those classes, and we don't want to be part of the working class.

But we should definitely get back to talking about the building.

As posted by Androiduk over in the retail section, Tim Hortons is opening up in the South East corner of this building with a patio!:

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Not Started

TORONTO

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 13 242333 BLD 00 BA Accepted Date: Sep 26, 2013

Project: Multiple Unit Building Interior Alterations

Description: To complete interior alterations to a portion of the ground floor (293 m2) (SE corner of ground floor) to create a Tim Hortons with a private outdoor patio. CONVENIENCE ADDRESS: 150 FORT YORK BLVD

Spot is on par with Second Cup, Starbucks, & Timothys :/ Still waiting for a proper espresso bar.

Thor at 35 Bathurst is very good and a nice distance to walk, but technically outside the neighbourhood.

Back