I wouldn't think so from the renderings...as it appears to be some sort of metal paneling that will fill those gaps eventually. I could be wrong though...

Today.
D8FB20F5-C4AD-4B03-9B91-A8083BCCCB4F.jpeg
A7393C08-72F9-4D84-8E0A-F7D0E95C2656.jpeg
BE6AC705-6E20-4BB6-8C70-4FDADC6D1905.jpeg

the taller, south tower really could have used some terra cotta to tie it with its neighbour and give it some warmth

My understanding has always been that the idea here was to do just the opposite - differentiate the two towers to create variety along Yonge Street, with the podium below representing that variety. The red brick / clay tones on the north podium and tower, and the south tower and podium in visual opposition to that. If I remember correctly from a meeting I attended years ago, the city was pushing to see the project broken up that way, at least in the podium expression.

My understanding has always been that the idea here was to do just the opposite - differentiate the two towers to create variety along Yonge Street, with the podium below representing that variety. The red brick / clay tones on the north podium and tower, and the south tower and podium in visual opposition to that. If I remember correctly from a meeting I attended years ago, the city was pushing to see the project broken up that way, at least in the podium expression.

Interesting note. I do know that the City has tried hard to maintain the fine-grained nature of retail and services along Yonge Street for the sake of the pedestrian experience. I appreciate the attempt to make this feel less like of a mega-block through the different podium treatments but i believe the south tower alluding to warm tones would've given some visual interest to what is currently a plain, white, run of the mill 50 storey box.

Back