How do you have a rain date before the regular date?

At first, I thought you were asking a question about the date stamp of my picture.............

It took me a moment to realize you were asking about something, IN the picture.

LOL

A fine question; but I'm afraid the sign writer will have to explain the logic involved.

today, I think this one has topped off, they are building the mechanical now.
7660EFCE-0A84-4769-BE81-FE04103EC77A.jpeg
7E07C1ED-1047-4712-BA21-550B7F62E9B1.jpeg

Last edited:
How do you have a rain date before the regular date?
At first, I thought you were asking a question about the date stamp of my picture.............

It took me a moment to realize you were asking about something, IN the picture.

LOL

A fine question; but I'm afraid the sign writer will have to explain the logic involved.
There's this new-fangled thing called weather forecasting, and crazy as it seems, a bunch of tv and radio stations have been so bold as to employ weather forecasters who ask sailors what colour the sunset is each evening, and then stick their heads out the window in the morning and decide how the next day or two are going to go. Or at least it's something like that, right @skycandy?

Somewhat appropriately-ironic, I've always maintained that weather-forecasters (much like my investment advisor) are "almost perfect reverse barometers". Flip a coin and that's the weather.

04-johns-weather-forecasting-stone-ruth-in-porthallow.jpg

Link

There's this new-fangled thing called weather forecasting, and crazy as it seems, a bunch of tv and radio stations have been so bold as to employ weather forecasters who ask sailors what colour the sunset is each evening, and then stick their heads out the window in the morning and decide how the next day or two are going to go. Or at least it's something like that, right @skycandy?

Careful @interchange42 and @3Dementia, you're giving away our trade secrets. ;-)

Meanwhile here are a few pics from this afternoon on a decidedly easy forecast: a sunny day. :)

Tea1.jpg

Tea2.jpg

Tea3.jpg

Dark panelling above the brick...

Tea4.jpg

Tea5.jpg

Tea6.jpg

Tea7.jpg

Tea8.jpg

Tea9.jpg

Tea10.jpg

This project has turned better than I expected. The tall tower's north and south facade has a simple but effective look to it. And the orange like trim of the balcony on the short tower really sets off that tower with a solid rich looking podium to boot! As you can see for your self in the photos up above.

Back