Telus Tower Glass!!

2725824305_dc65cea5ef.jpg

lassekoskela on www.flickr.com

i dunno....

but......

It's probably very similar to the tower portion, if we are to assume uniformity in the exterior construction materials...

August 4, 2008

DSC03404.jpg

DSC03406.jpg

DSC03409.jpg

DSC03413.jpg

The photo makes it look very reflective. Is this so?

Kinda, up close at least. The glass has two tones, like BA, but the darker panes (the ones between floors, so to speak) are more reflective than BA.

The renderings showed very transparent glass... almost white-ish...

I'm pretty sure the colour of the podium along the train tracks is supposed to be different than the tower portion though.

I'd be extremely disapppointed if that ended up the glass for the whole sturcture which is/was proposed as clear with a porcelain frit finish. This highly reflective mirrored finish with mullions is suitable for Calgary; not Toronto.

I'd be extremely disapppointed if that ended up the glass for the whole sturcture which is/was proposed as clear with a porcelain frit finish. This highly reflective mirrored finish with mullions is suitable for Calgary; not Toronto.

Why is it suited for Calgary more than it is for Toronto? We don't exactly have a track record of impressive buildings. If they cheap out on the glass than it's extremely appropriate for Toronto's standards.

Why is it suited for Calgary more than it is for Toronto? We don't exactly have a track record of impressive buildings. If they cheap out on the glass than it's extremely appropriate for Toronto's standards.

Excellent point!

Did you know Telus has it's headquarters in Calgary? - Maybe part of the reason they choose this particular style of curtainwall cladding...you know,....to remind the visiting execs of home sweet home.

It's a possibility when you think about it.....and probably not a slight against the Toronto building styles.

Back