Why is it suited for Calgary more than it is for Toronto? We don't exactly have a track record of impressive buildings. If they cheap out on the glass than it's extremely appropriate for Toronto's standards

those cowboys will accept anythin' ... just look at thier women!

Excellent point!

Did you know Telus has it's headquarters in Calgary? - Maybe part of the reason they choose this particular style of curtainwall cladding...you know,....to remind the visiting execs of home sweet home.

It's a possibility when you think about it.....and probably not a slight against the Toronto building styles.

Yep, I know it's situated there. But I doubt we're trying to pay homage to the Calgary style. We just still don't get it when it comes to quality materials. We'll have to see how it turns out.

Taken today, on second thoughts, the glass is identical on the tower from what I can tell

IMG_4643.jpg

IMG_4646.jpg

To all glass naysayers, remember that what we're seeing is the darkened glass on the low-slung box section, just above the atrium. Above this portion, the glass should be clearer.

Must... refrain... from voicing naughty thoughts... concerning renderbabe in last image!

Back