Growing up fast

I'm optimistic about this one, but when you look at it from Bremmer between ICE its material quality doesn't seem great. Hopefully its scale and massing will make up for it.

From a chilly but rewarding walkabout today (burned off a little holiday excess plus a photo update).

ten.1.jpg

The tower coming into view from the NE.

ten.2.jpg
ten.3.jpg
ten.4.jpg
ten.5.jpg
ten.6.jpg
ten.7.jpg
ten.8.jpg

Note the first balcony:

ten.9.jpg

ten.10.jpg

Swimming pool making an impact...

ten.11.jpg

Attachments

• ten.1.jpg
    ten.1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 336
  • ten.2.jpg
    ten.2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 305
  • ten.3.jpg
    ten.3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 311
  • ten.4.jpg
    ten.4.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 338
  • ten.5.jpg
    ten.5.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 329
  • ten.6.jpg
    ten.6.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 299
  • ten.7.jpg
    ten.7.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 308
  • ten.8.jpg
    ten.8.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 312
  • ten.9.jpg
    ten.9.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 326
  • ten.10.jpg
    ten.10.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 303
  • ten.11.jpg
    ten.11.jpg
    998.2 KB · Views: 294
Ah - more white powder-coated perforated aluminum. It has certainly worked very well on Harbour Plaza. We're going to see a lot more of it.

...and I think that's nice to see here -- I think it'll help retain the white aesthetic the building will have on its west-facing elevation, in contrast to the blue-and-green-glass-dominated Southcore skyline.

Speaking of balcony glass, the first bit reminded me of 300 Front (which most critiqued) but it seems like they have heard the response on the IMO sub par Harbour Plaza to the east - and they used it. I am sure a similar response will be found here. :)

Ah - more white powder-coated perforated aluminum. It has certainly worked very well on Harbour Plaza. We're going to see a lot more of it.

It did indeed work out well but remember, it was still a move made to value engineer. I'm fearful of what might start happening when less caring / invested teams start applying it to their projects.

Speaking of balcony glass, the first bit reminded me of 300 Front (which most critiqued) but it seems like they have heard the response on the IMO sub par Harbour Plaza to the east - and they used it. I am sure a similar response will be found here. :)

I would venture to say that a distaste for Harbour Plaza is a minority opinion not widely shared, so I imagine the response you're envisioning may not materialize.

It did indeed work out well but remember, it was still a move made to value engineer. I'm fearful of what might start happening when less caring / invested teams start applying it to their projects.
Right, the material choice itself won't necessarily result in better results, every project will have to implement this new style of guards with some care if they want high performance, good looks, at a reasonable cost. Because of the falling glass issue though (which has pretty much been solved by more expensive materials), we are going to see more of this new less expensive material, and it will be interesting to see what variation we'll get in the perforations and how those affect the look of the buildings.

Back